Wednesday, October 24, 2007

too busy?

Sometimes you're so occupied or engrossed with something, you forget about other things.

Today is the final day of my puasa enam... alhamdulillah!

Had a meeting at 5pm, which ended around 5.40pm. Went to have a chat with NSY after that and turun my place around 6.10pm. "Bye... I nak balik" she said as I left her room. Told her that I'll be leaving soon too... nak buka puasa. Gleefully told her that it's my last day ;)

Went down to my floor... cleared MF's memo, talked to NN and AH about a meeting they had that afternoon, read MIB's email about a snag in his project, went down in search of ZCD to explain to her about the issues raised... she has gone home. Panjat tangga naik atas balik, AM came to see me about an input which is due tomorrow... while discussing azan berkumandang on my PC. She left... read another email and forwarded to the relevant people with instructions, hit sent... then it (finally) hit me... I PUASA!! Terlupa langsung... loudly told me self that I forgot to berbuka. CWT and JL looked at me in amazement or horror... I couldn't quite decipher, hehe...

Took my mug and went to the water cooler... laughing at myself along the way. Macam manalah boleh terlupa... Minum air and laughed again. Hai... dah nyanyuk! Went to the toilet for wudhu, en route grabbed some muruku. That was when I realised that I was hungry. Lepas solat called home to inform that I'm on my way back and asked whether ada food kat rumah ke tak. "Ada" Papa kata, "Mama masak". Yeay!!

On the first day of Ramadan pun serupa jugak... totally forgot about puasa until NN wished me Selamat Berbuka.

During our conversation, NSY said that no matter how busy you are, you have to make time for things... things that have serious repercussions, significant impact. She shared her observation on a particular matter... and asked me to do something about it. It's not a new piece of *news*... I've observed the same for a while and shared with her my thoughts. But I was surprised that she and a few others had observed it as well. "You kena lah buat something... and jangan cepat give up". It's memang something that I've wanted to *betulkan*... tapi tak berkesempatan. Too busy with my own work... benda yang kena buat pun tak terbuat. So things like that pun "terlupa" lah... But I must and I will do something about it... these things can't be left unattended. Buruk padahnya...

Busy has also been my excuse for not having more "life". We have 24 hours in a day and I spend almost half of that at the office. Where got time? Tapi sejak akhir2 ni I've realised, that time tu ada... we just need to make time for *it*. Whatever *it* is...

Reality hit after that conversation I had with AHB. Yes... I've been neglecting my *life*. Time to make amends. So I've been *doing* quite a lot these past 2 months. And it felt good :) I think I've done more these past 2 months than what I did the whole of last year. And I have lots more to *do* in the works... things are getting more exciting :)

Yesterday Mymot tanya status Raya gathering #1 (we're planning a series... girls outing after work, since weekend banyak family visits lah, open house lah). Since I had volunteered to organise the first one, I did the necessary... set the date, time, venue and contacted people. At first the gathering was supposed to be dengan the detox chicks je, then I thought... kita kan beraya. Time untuk mengeratkan silaturrahim. So extended the invitation to several others yang I tahu suka berjumpa2 ni. And the response was awesome!! Yang cannot come are either down with measles (Fazlin) or will be outstation (Nenn, Ati). Ada juga yang cannot promise yet sebab ada something to deliver that day but if sempat dia will datang (Syaz). Otherwise yang lain semuanya "count me in!". I'm super excited :D So what if I have a meeting at 5pm on that day tu nanti, which might drag until quite lambat I suspect... That will not be a deterrent. I'm determined to meet Mymot, Momz, Skinner, Noorul, Normy, Ilin, Peah, Yanie, Mario, Azmah this Monday... Pavilion wouldn't know what hit them :)

Tadi Mymot suggest.. why not kita broadcast je to everyone and invite everyone from the batch to come. Ermm... that's a good idea, tapi the next round lah. I want this to be a more *intimate* session... bila ramai sangat havoc!

Also yesterday, discovered about the Malaysian International Gourmet Festival and KL Live and Loud. Oooh.. wonderful prospects ahead!

Dah buat plan dah untuk ber-fine dining... walaupun what I really want is to dig my teeth info some juicy, tender meat. I'm a meat lover and not ashamed to admit it, hehe... carnivorous ;) Bosa Nova sounds nice but Mymot kata there's another Brazillian place in Raja Chulan yang agak sedap. Mana2 lah... asalkan boleh makan, hehe. Momz pun nak pergi hunt for sashimi and other things Japanese... ok set! Next week ada get together dengan Faz who is back from The Hague for Raya. Destination: Delicious and SuChan... yumm, yumm!!
[puasa tapi sibuk fikir pasal makan, kan? hehe...]

When Momz gave the website link for KL Live and Loud, got even more excited. That R&B nite is bound to be a hit :) Kalau banyak duit memang semua pun nak pergi... tapi belanja kena berpada. Nanti kena get *assistance* from AKPK pulak, hehe.

So the prognosis? Yes... I'm still busy and am going to get busier. But I also want to be busy doing other things. Enough with the excuses... it's time to LIVE!

The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time ~ Jack London

Make each day your masterpiece ~ John Wooden

No comments: