Tuesday, October 2, 2007

memories...

As I was going through Airin's facebook, I remembered a treasure that I had kept, away in the cupboard, waiting to be discovered.

It's something that I've done several times... a time capsule of sorts. This time it's a series of letters written from 1990s... masa tu all of us just left TKC, all berselerak seluruh dunia mencari ilmu. I've kept the letters I received in a shoebox... sealed dgn tape takut org buka and tengok. And tonight after over 10 years... they see light again.

This is not the first time I've done this... did it masa sekolah rendah and at secondary school. Its' funny to see how one's mind work when we were younger. No... I don't keep my barang2 from primary school. Still have some stuff from secondary but mostly photos.

I was very excited when I opened the box. Literally tore off the cover. Saw the familiar hand writings... a smile crept up. This was before the days of emails and sms-es. Opened the first letter... it was in a brown envelope. Not sure who it was from... most of us had similar handwritings. When I saw the signature, tears fell instantaneously... it was a letter from IdaJ... written way back in August 1994.




Soon, it will be 2 years since you left us... to this day I still can't believe that you're gone.

Al-fatihah...

No comments: