Friday, October 5, 2007

tinggal seminggu...

This time next week I'll either be a) rushing to get things ready for orang datang takbir kat rumah or b) tengah cuci pinggan lepas orang dah datang takbir kat rumah. Either way... I'll be busy. But it's also a time yang I sangat suka. Di keheningan malam raya, you think about family, friends... wonder what they're up to, who they're with. I've never celebrated Raya away from home. Oops correction, I did... once, in 1993. Otherwise, I'm always home. I can't imagine celebrating it sorang2...

This year I celebrated my birthday all by myself... thousands of miles away from family and friends. It wasn't fun. Not that I usually celebrate birthday beriya-iya pun selalunya, but it's different when you're all alone. Dah lah time tu I just had purse stolen... sungguh menyedihkan. One thing that did lift my spirits was when the hotel sent me a cake. Jadi lah... tu pun when I ate the cake, as sedap as it was, tak berselera. I'd trade the cake anytime with biskut kering that I can share with family or friends.

Rasa sekejap sangat Ramadan this month... only one week left. I've failed miserably at keeping with what I had set out to do at the beginning of the month. Fault all mine. One thing that I've managed to continue doing is updating this blog. I'm liking it :) At times (like tonight) I wonder what I'd be writing... sometimes the days are just so normal that there isn't anything *interesting* to report. But there are also times when normal stuff leads to other things... thoughts, memories, feelings, reflections. I guess that's what blogging is all about. Expressing oneself.

It's also quite a relief to be writing non-work related stuff ;) Clearing memos, notes, proposals, presentations... those are things that I go through day in day out. When the writeups are well prepared, they're a joy to read... but most of the time they're not. Admittedly some are better than others, but the thing that really annoys me is when the ideas are not thought through properly. Languange is one hal lah... that can be easily rectified, but when they're not presented in a logical, making-sense manner... aargh!! I guess it comes with the job. Perhaps I'm expecting too much.

Had an interesting conversation with two people on a common topic yesterday and today. It's about accepting criticism, being open, respecting views of others, and not *labelling* a person. Of course those are ideals... but they're ideals that I believe in and (hope) I practice. Of course every human being has flaws... kita bukannya Nabi. But when you ask for an opinion, you'll have to be ready to receive it. Particularly when you're asking for an honest opinion... you must accept the good AND the bad. Tak tahu lah... maybe I'm just being idealistic.

No comments: