Thursday, October 4, 2007

playing hooky...

Although baru 2 hari tak berbuka kat rumah, it felt like it has really been a while. So having our meal together tadi was sangat menyeroronokkan. What they say... absence makes the heart grow fonder? I think that is so true...

Tadi I had to attend the senior officers' meeting on behalf of my boss sebab dia kena pergi Putrajaya. I think that was only my third time... and the first one that I attended yg ada Big Boss. Sambil duduk tunggu the meeting start, I scanned the room... black, black, navy, black, dark blue... memang lah all serious colour. And I was wearing a yellow ochre baju kurung. The only other ppl not wearing dark colours were NSY (olive green), NAA (a darker shade of olive green) and ZCD (light blue). And of course the big cheese herself... in a light peachy pink baju kurung. Nasib baik lah I duduk belakang... kalau tak jadi mcm neon lights ;p

After the meeting went to visit MrB's new office... his new office is on the 18th floor. It has a great view... unobstructed view of Dataran Merdeka. Tapi lebih kurang sama mcm his current office juga, cuma lagi tinggi. But isolated... sorang2 je kat situ. Well, not really sorang lah because 2 doors down are Zoe & Razman. But in essence duduk sorang because takde orang lain kat that floor because it is actually a meeting room floor. Kalau I memang mati kutu... and once tutup pintu, memanglah keseorangan. Tapi dekat dgn Apau... so senang lah nak mintak refreshments, hehe...
Left the door open.. ya maa, nanti kena tangkap khalwat haru... bulan puasa pulak tu. NSY pun singgah datang melawat jugak... while they all tengah dok belek2 phone, Big Boss pulak masuk also datang melawat. Terus kena put on our best behaviour, hehe...

Today I have to confess I was a bit naughty. When I went down to my place, my former boss, let's call dia Z, saw me at the lift lobby. "Eh... jom, ikut X, Y and I pergi Gardens?" (To protect their reputation, they shall remain unnamed, tapi the other two tu pun were my former bosses jugak, hehe) It was already 1.45pm. "Kita balik pukul 3" she said mischievously. Oohhh... temptation! I memang planned hari ni nak pergi MV pun sebab nak beli Chicago tickets, tapi sebab the meeting habis lambat, ingat dah tak sempat. But ni dah pucuk dicita ulam mendatang. "Nak" I replied and went to get my purse. On the way out, terserempak dgn my current boss yang baru balik from his meeting. He asked how did the meeting go and I just said "Ok lah... nothing too major. Nanti I update" quickly coz Z was already waiting downstairs with the other cohorts. Kalau kena tangkap, memanglah semua kantoi.

Menarik lah jugak Gardens tu... lots of high end shops, very nice interior design. Ada banyak sofas around the place... I guess specially catered for the husbands/ boyfriends/ sugar daddies untuk berehat while their ladies pergi shopping ;) Surprisingly we were not the only ones who thought about playing truant... ramai je orang yang berpakaian kerja kat situ walaupun it was already past lunch time. After getting my tickets, I went to check out Isetan, Robinsons, masuk kedai2 along the way... tak beli apa pun, cuci mata je. Then pergi lower ground... bought some cakes, one of which was for my staff who celebrated his 30th birthday today. Muda sikit je dia tu drp I rupanya.

Bila dah balik office balik, I had to tumpang my bounty dgn X sebab kalau tak nampak benor baru balik. I don't think my absence was noticed, hehe...

OK laa... I tak selalu buat perangai mcm ni. Tak bagus sebenarnya... so jangan lah buat, selalu ;) Kadang2 je bila keluar lunch, "ter"-balik lambat sikit. The week before start puasa hari tu, memang almost everyday pun balik "ter"-lambat, hehe. Tapi as I said, tak boleh dijadikan habit. Mcm mana nak leadership by example, ye tak?

Tomorrow dah Friday... yippee!! And next week dah nak Raya. I'm only taking Friday off... sebab otherwise nanti office kosong. Who to manage the fort? My staff mostly orang outstation, so kenalah bagi diorang priority nak balik kampung... plus they all have families. Selalu macam ni... orang KL and singles have to give way. But I don't mind, sebab kalau cuti pun bukannya buat apa2. So better to go to office when the traffic is less and office a bit quite coz the whole of the country pun tengah bercuti. Peaceful time to catch up on work... less distractions. Plus, boleh start puasa 6...

No comments: