Friday, October 26, 2007

Good day, fun day, happy days...

Today was a happy day :D

I felt cheery... all day long right into the night. No specific reason... don't know kenapa. But when you're feeling this way, why question kan? 8-)

My organisation had its Hari Raya open house today... from 2.30-5.00pm. Went down around 2.45pm with NAMN. Dah penuh dah the tent... and long queues to get food. But before get food and table have to salam the top management dulu. Everyone had smiles... whether genuine or plastered I don't know, hehe... Kalau I lah yang kena salam beribu orang macam tu, cramp facial muscles ;p

Nasib baik berdua je dengan NAMN, so easier to find seat... squeeze je dengan mana2 orang yang kenal. Time macam ni lah I realise I don't know so many people.. despite having worked here almost 10 years. So many unfamiliar faces... maybe those are their family members kut. Sat with SO and her gang from her department. I know all except 2... ok lah, not so bad ;)

Since this was also my *second* Raya having completed puasa enam, I wanted to try all that was served... cadangnya. So I formed a strategic alliance dengan NAMN... share our food so that boleh try macam2. So memang makan macam2... soto, laksa johor, satay, ketupat daun palas, rendang, lemang, putu mayam, tosai... whoa!! Itupun I couldn't be bothered to queue for the nasi beriyani and lamb. Met LKK there... he's a former colleague who is now with PIDM. LKK tak pernah tolak kalau ada invitation for makan, hehe...

Since it was open house, many staff took the opportunity to bring their family along. So ramai lah kids running around. Several people from my dept also brought their kids... gosh, they're so adorable!! Liny's daughters wore baju boria dengan dia, Ezan's 2 daughters pakai baju serupa and since they look so much alike most people ingat they're twins. Jessica's son was also very cute... playing around with Gillian's daughter. I love kids... but I don't know lah whether the feeling is mutual, haha. Especially those in the 2-6 age bracket. I brought Iman and Syahira, Ezan's daughters to my room to main lukis2 on the glass screen. They got really excited. Despite being girls, they were quite boisterous :) Lari sana sini...

I wonder whether I'll have the chance to have my own kids. My biological clock is ticking away and I'm always wondering whether the condition I had would have left any adverse effects. Kalau baca the medical journals, those with endometriosis would generally have difficulty conceiving. That AND the fact that I'm fast approaching the critical age doesn't make the outlook very promising. Tapi semuanya kehendak Tuhan... kalau ada rezeki, adalah. If I can't have my own flesh and blood, I can still adopt...

I wonder what kind of mother I would be. Am I ready to be responsible for another life? Can I love someone so unconditionally? Can I put them ahead of myself at all times? I'm not sure... But everyone keeps on telling me that when the time comes, you will feel that way. I surely hope so... But let's not jump the gun. I have to fulfil the other prerequisite first before I should even think about having kids.
<that's Ina and Abg when they're were 4 and 3 I think... weren't they just adorable?>

<This is how they look now... >

Tonight for dinner, Ina and I went for Sushi King. Dua2 pun dah kempunan since a few days back. At least I got to have some sashimi and sushi for buka puasa hari tu, but not Ina. Together we ate 11 plates!! After that we went to cleanse our palate kat Starbucks (drinks je since we overstuffed ourselves with sushi, hehe).




Lepas lepak2 minum... we jalan2 kat kedai kat situ. It was already 10pm... pukul berapa kedai kat sini tutup? Hmm... apa2 lah, at least we can round2 sikit :) At the foyer ada a variety of exhibits... rumah lah, home equipments lah, etc... but one thing caught our eyes. A mole removal service. Boleh eh buang mole there and then? I've always thought that things like that require some laser treatment or something. Anyway... next to the booth ada one banner yang *explain* what the moles mean... depending on where it's located. So Ina and I pun cuba lah *baca*. Tak menarik langsung... susah nak untung, nasib kurang baik... aiyaa. Tapi yang paling classic is one which says something like... it can mean that your lucky or have bad luck, depending on size and shape, must consult an expert for description. Haha... I have one which falls in that category ;)

We walked on and saw an interesting shop... jual handbags, accessories etc. Ada sunglasses jugak. We had a riot trying all sorts of shapes and sizes... those big mata lalat types, the Victoria Beckham huge types, the slim types. The shopkeeper pun rajin je layan we all. Both Ina and I have been wanting to get those trendy BIG sunglasses... and so we did! Murah je... RM20 each ;) Bought one for Mama too... she got really excited.

Actually.. nothing extraordinary happened. But it was a feel good day nonetheless :)

No comments: