Thursday, November 1, 2007

a feel good day :)

Today I did what NSY had made me promise to do. Actually I've been wanting to speak to the appropriate person(s) for a while now, tapi time was never right. Today the opportunity presented itself... and I said it, in front of all relevant people. At first, I wasn't sure how I would go about saying it, takut tersilap kata. Nasib baik lah ada opening line yang *baik* punya... can set things in context and I expressed my views.

My statement was received with silence... at first, then someone said that he shared my view. Phew... for a while there I thought that I was like the black sheep. Then another person added and suggested ways to overcome the issue. Good... garnering support here :) Someone had a cynical smile... so I told the person of my observation. Then dia pun explain lah... makes sense, tapi dia pun positive with my comments. Yang lain2 agak senyap... either they don't feel the same way or they just couldn't be bothered or it's unusual for things like this to be brought up. I don't know... apa2 pun, I've started the ball rolling.

In the end we agreed to take some steps to improve the situation, all requiring commitment. There's no such thing as a free lunch. I'm going to do my darnest to make things happen... and to keep the momentum going. And the thing that I was most proud of was that immediately after that discussion, we had practised one of the *actions* that we agreed to do and the outcome was very positive:) Lots of ideas flowing, sharing, opinions expressed... YIPPEE!! All of us recognised the benefits it yielded... we're on the right track. With more of these, things will get better... insyaallah!

It feels really good when you've managed to influence a change for the better :) And the night got better still... had a Raya gathering of sorts with Faz, Lan & baby Amir who are back from Holland and a belated birthday celebration for Rizal. Also in attendance were Bulat, Sue, K Anim, Haz, Jun, Safwan et moi. Went to Delicious at BV2. The new place looks better but I think the food dah kureng sikit compared to dulu. Or perhaps I'm spoilt from the good food at The Loaf kut.



Apa2 pun, it was a delightful evening... I tak ingat pun what we talked about, just remember that there were lots of laughs. Boy... were there lots of laughs, especially when it involved a very keras ice-cream cake. Very the keras one... bila cucuk the knife can angkat the cake you know. Faz, Safwan and I dah start gelak2 dah... talking about being *keras* (so dirty minded, heheh...) while Rizal senyum tersipu-sipu. Then Bulat tambah, reflects the older Rizal... makin liat, haha. Memang tonight my brain was functioning in a different mode. When I first read this coaster, I missed the word *with* ;) Ditambah pulak dengan word *delicious* kat bawah tu... memang gelak besar dengan Haz.

As usual... tanpa segan silu I tried all the food. That's how I discovered that the food taste dah kureng. Kalau satu dish tu ok lah, but semua pun macam dah tak special like dulu. The thing I liked best was the G'day Iced Coffee... that was nice :) It reminds me of the ones that I used to minum kat Lygon Street.

Today memang hari tak segan silu cari makan. For lunch I went next door in search of free food coz I knew that they had a Raya celebration. Bukannya apa... malas nak turun bawah. It's exactly the same menu like what we had for our dept's Raya celebration. Aden, Yati and Afiza were there... so what was supposed to be a short fill-the-tummy visit, ended with berborak2 about all sorts of things.

Tonight, unlike selalu, I did not get *bila nak balik* call from my dad ;) Well... it wasn't very late pun... by 11.15pm dah sampai rumah. When I read my yahoo mail, there was a newsletter from Fodors... the heading was "Tips for the Super-Organised Traveler". Haha... that I had to read. True enough, I do some of those things. Well... what can I say, I like things to be in order.

After having such a good day, I hope for pleasant dreams too tonight :)

No comments: