Wednesday, November 21, 2007

i'm leaving on a jet plane...

The ugly side of my indecision came out in full force these past 2 days... kesian kat travel agent yang menguruskan my flight.

First, I told them to book flight via NY (natural ain't it... since NY and Washington DC are both on the east coast USA). Then turned out, that means I'll have to leave on Monday. Also, kena tido in NY because the connecting flight will mean that I'll reach Washington nearing midnight. I don't fancy taking a taxi ride so late in the evening all by myself.

Then asked them to cari flight via LA... siap bagi possible connecting flights lagi supaya I don't have to stay overnight kat LA and so that I'll land at the airport nearest to the city. Then they reverted to inform that those flights are not available. Kena juga stay overnight... aisey. But the cost is 3k cheaper. OK lah... demi cost conscious culture, ku gagahkan diri travel an additional 2000 miles from LA to Washington. I was scheduled to fly off on Tuesday and sampai Washington on Wednesday, 1/2 hour after Assistant Big Boss sampai, who is flying via London.

This morning received an email from MYMY... they've moved into their new home. A single storey, 4-bedroom house... which from her description sounds absolutely lovely. Her final sentence was "We have a guest room... I expect to be receiving some visits from you guys"... or something like that. My brain immediately went into overdrive... absence from office wise, it's just 1 day extra. Why not?

So after returning from an outside meeting kat Papa's place of work beberapa dekad yang lalu, quickly asked Ila to call back the agent to check flight availability for Saturday. "Flight full" was the response... deflated. Then over lunch I asked boss (today dia belanja a group of us for our hard work organising the various events that my dept was handling the past 2 weeks)... "Would you mind if I take Friday and Monday off?" He said "OK"... then I added "But you know kan that I'll also be away the whole of next week?" "You pegi mana?" he asked. Boss lupa... told him and he said "go ahead". Yeay! Coast clear... Luckily seats were not an issue on the Friday flight :)

Got home lepas maghrib and straight away checked flights to Houston from LA. Aisey... none yang I will sempat ambik on the day of arrival. Kena lah juga tido in LA dulu. Macam ada conspiracy je... So searched for the most economical place, especially since I'm paying from my own coffers. I've been to and stayed there before... kat HoJo. The place was ok cuma jauh sikit je from tempat makan. I opted for Courtyard by Marriott instead which is just USD10 extra je. From the pix, it looks nicer...

So in slightly over 40 hours I'll be taking off and will add another dear friend to the visit. I hope that being around cheery MYMY will boost my spirits...

Cuma now, there's just so much to clear and get done before I leave... tomorrow is going to be bz bz bz!

2 comments:

X3 said...

Have a safe trip. Hope this will be a good distraction from whatever's bothering you.

dz

Chart Smart said...

Nice Blog :)