Monday, November 5, 2007

what's your shoe size?

Today ada sikit faux pas...

MM's dept ada a Raya-Diwali makan2. The event was supposed to start at 12pm. I decided to go around 1pm... assuming that by then people would have settled down, quite relaxed etc. So turun tangga 2 tingkat to 8A and was greeted by 4 dara kat depan pintu. AAA was also there, decked in baju melayu maroon, siap dengan songkok. Dia jaga traffic... takut orang pijak kat kollam yg dibuat khas untuk hari ni. So, seperti biasa... separa menjerit riuh gelak wishing and salam people hari raya etc... sekali pusing nampak Big Boss. Opps!! Haiyo... sangat tak demure my entrance and kecoh. To cover line, terus cakap dgn MM pasal our appointment on Wed and then went to WR on the other side of the room to discuss another thing. To be honest, I wasn't really concentrating on what we discussed... more thinking about mana nak sorok muka, hehe...

Tapi malu sekejap je... then got some food and ate with K Lizza di ceruk yang I tahu takkan memalukan diri lagi ;) She asked me about my sulam kat baju... some more potential clients in the offing. Borak2 dengan J-Lo about his camera and how to get good shots. MM and AAA have some cool young people in their dept... very friendly and fun. J-Lo was also wearing baju melayu... he borrowed Shakira's. Nasib baik muat, hehe...

Sat down munching on satay and dessert with MrB and AAA... while admiring MrB's new iphone. Sangat teruja... tapi I'm on a strict budget. No large item spending until I complete my renovations. Nanti lah... itu target for next year.

Zach joined in and the conversation steered towards shoes. How we can differentiate the *generations* by looking at shoes ... and we compared our shoes compared to what the *veterans* were wearing, hehe. Nasib baik lah today I was wearing a nice pair of shoes... kalau tak silap2 kena panggil makcik ;p

Stylo Zach and MrB were both wearing pointy shoes. I told them that I can't wear pointy shoes coz I've got large, size 10 duck-feet... kaki kembang. If I wear pointy shoes then my kaki yang sememangnya dah besar bukan sahaja will look like a sampan but will resemble a ship!! Then Zach added, "Guys don't mind if they have big feet". My eyes automatically looked down at both their feet, haha. Yes... we all know what they say about men with big feet... they have large socks 8-) To cover, Zach terus cakap pasal Tao's many colourful socks...

No comments: