Tuesday, November 20, 2007

(trying to) celebrate life!

Today is Ina's bday... happy 25th!!

Goodness... I can't recall what I did when I was at that age. When was that again? Hmm... let's see... the year was 2000. Honestly... I don't remember anything from that year.

Let's try again... I'm trying my best to perah my ageing otak here. There was the whole hoopla about Y2K... tapi that's more of 1999 turning 2000. Oh, now I remember... I was involved in an *arranged marriage* project... hmm, no wonder lah. I was occupied with all that plus other *fire fighting* stuff. Sad isn't it... to define your year by what happened at work? Oh well... no point pondering, masa dah berlalu.

Such a boring day at work today... because of the benda2 to clear, not the lack of work (I wish!!). So during lunch I went to Hartamas to get Mama's gift... it's her bday tomorrow (got her a facial package... she deserves some pampering), bought Ina's cake, singgah beli soto kat Aji Don... bumped into HA, NSK and MrB kat situ.

Late last week I received sms from Nora - to attend meeting with NSY in Washington DC next week. Pagi tadi baru pergi jumpa dia abt the whole thing and made flight arrangements. Dalam keadaan badan tak berapa sedap ni, I'm not looking forward to it. Meeting 2 hari tapi travelling almost double that. The consolation is that I'll get to meet Farisa & her family while I'm there, plus Karen too. It has been a while since I last saw them... in 2004. Tried to call her tadi but couldn't get through... line engaged memanjang. Emailed also but knowing her, she so jarang check her emails. Oh... and I'll get to buy some shoes too ;)

The family went out for a dinner in celebration of the double birthday. I went straight from office as did Ina.



I didn't really enjoy the food although I was quite hungry... payau tekak datang kembali. Had 2 biji popia basah for lunch and 1/4 waffle sejuk at 5pm. Breakfast was 2 pieces of pastries. Bukannya I'm on diet... just kurang berselera and tak sempat. Nak kata demam... no temperature. Nak kata I'm stressed, tak jugak (besides... it's usually terlebih makan bila stressed, not the other way around). I guess my soul just haven't healed...

These past few days have been so hectic that the whole affair tak sempat nak cross my mind. Now that I have (relatively) more time in my hands... it's back to haunt me. For a short period of time, circumstances allowed me to *hope*, even mentioned it to Mot who enthusiastically said "Ahah!"... but now that things are back to normal, I've come to realise that it's all just wishful thinking. If anything, today reaffirms what I've come to realise that early Wed morning.

I don't like feeling this way... but one can't help but to feel this way when faced with such situation. To think that about 3 months ago... emotions were totally the opposite. Full of optimism walaupun takut... that 2+ weeks ago I was ready to confront and pour my soul... things came crashing down. It's at times like these that I need the comfort of friends... although only a select few are privy. To help me get it out of my system... to move on...

Perhaps that trip away to the US isn't that bad afterall...

Ralat:
Received two news of death recently... one on the way back to KL on Sunday and the other while getting ready to go to work on Monday. My prayers are with you Diane & Skinner... semoga roh mereka dicucuri rahmat. Al Fatihah...

1 comment:

giddygadabout said...

Hello, hello! I check my emails every day, excuse me. :-) There were a few times our computer crashed but we seem to have fixed the problem, iA. 8-/ Salman very bitterly blamed it on virus-packed forwarded jokes from home so they have since been officially banned. So far so good. Hey, so happy to hear you're popping by. I'm replying to your email right now, lady.