Monday, September 10, 2007

time-off over!!

It was raining outside when the alarm went off... had to drag myself out of bed. My bed... my lovely comfortable bed. Not really excited about going to work. Was enjoying my time away from office. Ah well... good things don't last forever.

Nasib baik baju supply for the week dah siap iron. So no last minute rushes. I could take my time getting ready... sempat tulis cheque for my sis's credit card, lipat baju from a huge load of washing over the weekend.

Went to work in Myvi today... my car still in the shop. Hopefully I'll get my beloved City next week. Nasib baik lah Ina is away in Holland... tak lah patah kaki.

I did something different on the way to work today... I sang along to a song! So what you might say... well, I'm not really a singer... I don't sing in the shower, I don't sing in the car and I DEFINITELY don't kareoke. Why the sudden change? Sebab when I told some ppl recently that I don't sing even when I'm on my own, their response was "rugi lah you..." So when I heard this very famous song, yg I tak tahu nama, but lyrics goes something like this...
you're just too good to be true... can't take my eyes off of you... you feel like heaven to touch... i wanna hold you so much...

I started singing :) Partly because I love this song and partly because during a dinner last Saturday, my friend diajak menyanyi and menari by Noryn Aziz. It was a hoot!! He was blushing like mad but was sporting enough. Dia tak perasan that he was on the big screen... if he did I'm sure he wouldn't have been so sporting, hehe... Had a good time last Saturday. The whole event was a blast!

How better to get rid of Monday blues on a grey, rainy morning... the song lifted my spirits and soon I was moving and singing along. I should do this more often. Although I don't usually sing along, the kind of music I listen to in the car reflects my mood... if I'm feeling happy, anything goes. If I feel like I want to get a boost to my auditory senses, I'll listen to Il Divo. If I'm feeling angry I'll turn on some loud, strong beat song. The best thing that I can think of now is that song that Michael & Janet had a duet (I'm so bad at song names.. but I think it's Scream)... you know, the one that broke the bank when they made the video. Lagu itu sgt perfect utk di dedicate kan to ppl that you're pissed off with...

Talking about songs... there's this particular song that never fails to move me to tears everytime I listen to it. By Luther Vandross "Dance with My Father". Tak tahu kenapa... even hearing the song inside my head can evoke such strong emotions. That's the power of music!

No comments: