Thursday, September 20, 2007

blessed

Took this photo about a year ago... was on the way back from an assignment in Hanoi. It was Ramadan, almost sunset, I was wondering whether I should berbuka kat airport or head straight home. While pikir2 I happened to peer out the tiny aeroplane window... and was greeted by this amazing view. We often take for granted this world that we've been entrusted with... the beauty of nature is breathtaking. Signs of His greatness are everywhere... if you just take the time to look around.

I'm very proud of this photo... was a featured pix on webshots :-) I'm not a great photographer... usually my pix turn out biasa je. Yg ni je bagus sikit... hehe. The last I checked, the photo has been viewed 23,073 times and downloaded 5,133 times... woohoo!

Received a very good email from Mymot today...
Ramadhan is a blessed month whereby doa2 orang berpuasa go straight to Tuhan since Tuhan berada at langit paling dekat dengan dunia to watch us. So we should take advantage of this. The ustaz listed 5 waktu to paling banyak and bagus berdoa for this Ramadhan:-
1. Waktu lepas sahur sampai tunggu subuh
2. Everytime after solat waktu
3. Saat2 sebelum berbuka puasa
4. Waktu antara solat terawih (aku tanya ustaz since susah nak berdoa antara solat terawih (imam baca selawat etc), kalau doa masa sujud okay tak. He said okay, provided dalam hati (yeah lah, batal solat if keluar non-Quranic words)
5. The fifth one I cannot recall. But it could be waktu berbuka because there's an oft-quoted hadith on that

Tadi pergi masjid sampai lambat... sbb jam kat exit to Jln Kuching... an accident. Serious kut sbb ada 2 van polis and nampak phtography flash. I didn't look sebab 1) that so typical M'sian attitude of tgk accident annoys me and 2) we were already late.

Hari ni penuh pulak Masjid... so after dropping Mama I went in search of parking... parked illegally tepi curb ;) As I naik escalator, was greeted by a wall of silence. Azan dah lama dah, how come belum start solat? Then bila sampai on the landing nampak semua orang tgh berdiri. Tapi kenapa senyap?? Heran... I masuk je lah, thought that maybe dah rakaat 3 or 4. Then dengar suara sayup2... oh, mic terpadam rupa nya. It was surreal... hundreds of people and yet it was so calm and peaceful. Even the kids were quiet.
By rukuk rakaat ke-2, mic dah on balik. All back to normal, and a kid started to jerit2. Serenity lost...

No comments: