Thursday, September 27, 2007

lelaki itu...

Some ppl are just so lucky! Mula2 dgn Urs... tonight dgn Anuar Zain pulak. What a great bday gift for Momz.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMZ!!!



Momz and Mymot were having iftar kat Concorde... sekali pusing2 nampak AZ. Momz the friendly publicist tanpa segan dan silu pergi approach dia. Siap boleh borak2 and bercerita pasal they all nak pergi KLIA to hantar kawan lah etc. They managed to persuade AZ to sing "Lelaki Ini" to DZ who's leaving for UK tonight. DZ tgh kemaruk dengar lagu tu (moi aussi) and it would be a perfect farewell gift for her. When their calls to DZ went unanswered, dia boleh lagi kata "cuba lah lagi..." Tapi dah bukan rezeki DZ (tu lah, sape suruh tak answer phone), takde lah live rendition of "Lelaki Ini" for her. Kalau dpt dengar tu, sure DZ tak boleh tido throughout the flight, hehe...

Today was tiring... lots to clear, calls to make and meetings to attend. Tapi still sempat main Boggles dgn MrB, MM and AAA during lunch :-) But my brain was on "off" mode today... dpt tempat tercorot. One game tu dapat zero!! It's ok... tak kisah semua tu, yg penting spending time with ppl you like.

Tomorrow dah Friday... yes!! Tapi tadi petang dpt msg that ada brainstorming pulak dgn big boss at 4pm besok. Hope the meeting won't translate into having to work over the weekend... It might be karma...

Found out this morning that one of my staff stayed back in office until 3am smlm, finishing sthg I asked him to do. Guilt overcame me... Yes I did tell him that I want it in the morning but I didn't mean for him to stay back sampai begitu sekali. Am I that bad or ppl see me as a slave driver that this person actually stayed back to complete a task? It wasn't a terribly difficult one... just requiring some facts to be verified and updated. It shouldn't have taken him that long...

To add to my guilt trip, I've noticed that this person has also been staying back kat office beberapa hari kebelakangan ni... esp after we had a discussion on a project that I want to be completed by end-Oct. The deadlines are admittedly very tight, but it's not something new... dah lama dah bagi the project tapi lambat sangat, until now belum siap. So I sat down with him on Monday to plan the workflow, actions to be taken etc to meet the target deadline, which dah bust pun in the first place. Have to lah... kalau tak semua pun tak jalan. On this I don't feel so bad sbb the delay was largely his fault. Tapi the staying back sampai 3am tu, aiyaa....

Susah lah manage orang ni... I don't want to be a bitchy over-demanding boss. Tapi kalau tak demand, tak jalan... so macam mana? Don't want to be creating unnecessary stress on ppl... tapi when you tak pressure and insist on meeting deadlines, things get delayed or they produce sub-optimal work. Tak suka lah mcm ni :( They get stressed, I get stressed. My saving grace is that I'm not one of those *verbal* bosses, tapi itu shj tak mencukupi to be an effective, motivating leader.

Dah penat lah jadi leader... drp kecik sampai besar. Always have to set an example, be good, take charge, be the responsible one... kat sekolah, kat rumah and now kat office. I don't understand ppl who crave power and position, especially those yg sanggup berbuat apa saja to get it.

I for one am not seeking power nor position. I just want a comfortable happy decent blessed life... surrounded by loved ones and good friends. So what if I don't drive a Merc or BMW by the age of 40, or that I don't own a house in a desired locale, or that I don't have bling-blings or branded handbags/ shoes/ clothes, or that I still travel economy and stay in budget hotels for holidays... all those are just material things. Alhamdulillah I have what I have... and I really appreciate it. But my life would be totally empty if not for the ppl that I have around me... that's why I hold friendships very dear and to take any actions that might jeopardise it, scares the hell out of me...

No comments: