Saturday, September 29, 2007

domestic goddess in training...

Today was mmg domesticated habis... drp pagi sampai malam. Woke up late morning... peered at the clock and first thing that crossed my mind "what time qualifying eh?" Dgn muka sembab terus on Astro to check the schedule... 12.57pm. OK... still several more hours to go. Then baru pergi toilet basuh muka gosok gigi, hehe... This girl has her priorities tonggang terbalik ;)

First thing I did was kemaskan bilik Ina, since she's arriving tomorrow morning. Tak lah sepah, just need to put aside some things, pasang cadar etc etc. Then kemas my room pulak, tukar sheets. The house was quiet... Abg still sleeping in his room. Turun bawah, pun takde org. Wondered where Mama & Papa pergi.

Pergi kitchen saw loads of plastic bags... ooh, they all pergi pasar tadi. Baru nak belek, the washing machine bunyi alerting that the washing dah siap. So I pun pergi lah sidai kain. Sambil sidai tu nampak my neighbour sidai comforter. I tak pernah cakap dgn dia... tak pernah nampak pun walaupun rumah sebelah2. Dia rent rumah arwah makcik sebelah. Kalau dulu, time pagi2 mcm ni, makcik would be busy tending to her pokok2.

Lepas sidai kain, washed the dishes from sahur tadi. Pagi tadi sahur kelam kabut sikit. Woke up at 5.20am... everyone was still asleep, nasib baik I pasang alarm. As usual, I just have air suam and a piece of bread. Tapi the rest usually makan proper... so kecoh lah sikit nak heat up etc etc.

Dah habis the dishes, time to bersihkan the ayam, ikan, udang yg Mama beli kat pasar tadi. I tak reti sangat siang ikan, so I'll leave that for Mama when she's back. Nanti hancur pulak ikan tu. Started with the udang. Bubuh dlm tupperwares then simpan dlm freezer. Next were the chicken... Mak!! banyak nya (when I asked her later... "7 ekor" she said). Cleaned them up, buang the fats, skins... then cuci with air tepung to buangkan bau hanyir. I tau lah Ina nak balik, tapi this is too much, hehe... Mama kata dia malas nak pergi pasar next week sbb sure ramai orang coz dah nak Raya, that's why dia beli banyak. Nasib baik lah we have a big freezer. Tu pun lepas dah simpan semua2 barang, full freezer tu.

Just in time habis cuci ayam (and Mama pun dah balik by then), it was time to tengok qualifying. Sambil tengok I kupas bawang, garlic. Mata kat tv.. tangan kupas bawang. At least there's some cooking related tasks that I'm good at, hehe... It was an exciting quali... in the rain! In the end Hamilton pipped Alonso to pole by 0.058 seconds... that's not even a blink of an eye. It's going to be a very *interesting* race tomorrow, with all that's happening and the tension within the team. Bila tgh advert and between the quali sessions, I jenguk lah kat dapur... Mama tengah siang ikan pulak. By the time habis quali, she pun dah siap.

Since I haven't had my shower and I'm all stinky from the *cuci2 ayam*, it was time to shower. Sambil shower cuci my toilet lah sekali. I love cleaning toilets... suka main air. Maybe because I was born under the sign of the water carrier kut. I much prefer cuci toilet than lap2 or vacuuming.

Lepas zohor, it was quiet again. Mama & Papa took a nap while I tulis kad raya utk dihantar kpd the usual suspects. I still prefer sending proper cards instead of digital cards... more personalised. And I know ppl still love receiving them... so there!

Around 5.30pm lepas Asar went to dapur... "Nak masak apa today?" Mama tanya. Hmm... choices, choices ;) We both decided that the menu for the day would be sayur bayam rebus, lemak udang & nenas, ikan goreng and daging kicap. While Mama tengok her drama Indon, I did all the prep work. Tapi as usual lah kan, when the Queen enters her domain, us mere servants step back. Mama took over and I was resorted to the role of a kitchen help. Hmph... and yet she complaints that I can't cook. How to cook if she always takes over. Anyway... that's besides the point. I was asked to potong and blender kan tembikai utk buat air tembikai. Yaa... leave the mundane tasks to the novice ;) Lepas tu kemaskan the cabinet to simpan all the tupperware etc. By 6.30pm semua dah siap and we rested while tunggu maghrib.

Which reminds me... belum lipat kain lagi. Ok lah... sat lagi, sambil teman Abg tgk bola.

Banyak kerja jadi domestic goddess ni. Non stop from pagi sampai petang. I salute all the wives yg do all these without receiving any pay, day in day out. I know I'll go bonkers if I have to do it everyday, heheh... So next time you see a domestic engineer, don't just think that they tak penat like the rest of us who work in the office (unless of course if they have a maid, then the thanks shld go to the maid). They may have just worked as hard, if not harder than you!

1 comment:

Raz Zeera Gee said...

dear...i was going thru ur entries...*tgh pick up on all the tak sempat baca ones"...and found this one :) and since i'm here in saudi, being a temporary domestic goddess...rasa seronok plak baca ur entry yang ni..somehow related to moi ekekek...true what u said...being a domestic engineer as u put it...tak ler senang sgt...penat jugak especially with three heroes at home, plus one actually, the papa...but what i like most about being a housewife ni is because i can manage my own time...one thing that u cannot have bila keja kan...meetings all the time tak campur yang adhoc and urgent ones...ekekke...penat mmg penat...tapi i like it very much...i guess my priorities dah change now...keja dah jadi less skang ni :) but anyhow...ynag penting we still have time for oursleves...tu yang lagi penting...like tulis blog...and do the things yang we like...no matter keja kat ofis ke or keja kat rumah :)...anyways...writing this rasa cam lama betul kita tak sit down and borak2...we've drifted apart kan? somehow...though u will always be my besties masa our induction days...we should go out sometime...to rekindle the friendship ;P xoxo, gee