Friday, September 28, 2007

aktiviti zaman lampau...

Recently I was introduced to Facebook by some friends. So skrg hari2 pun pergi check tgk what they're up to and what sort of things they "invite" me to do. Can get quite addictive lah... I'm trying not to get embroiled in another obsession. But couldn't help myself with the "cities you've visited" and "travel IQ" applications. Me like that very the much!

Today I received a music dedication from DeeDee in Shanghai through Facebook. The song... "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley. Hahahahahaha.... that definitely brought back lots of memories. Why lah that song kan? Special ni... esp to all those Orkid 88 girls :)

Cerita nya mcm ni... masa kat TKC, I bawa radio. Baru form 1 masa tu. Quite a big one. Zaman tu kan tgh hype dgn mini-compo. It was boxy, silver colour. Since my radio was the paling besar and kuat punya mini-compo, so selalulah pasang dlm dorm. Masa tu lagu Rick Astley ni sgt lah famous... and I had his tape. Tak ramai org ada tape sbb masa tu kan sengkek. Yg ada pun mostly yg dubbed (as opposed to burn skrg). I don't think we really liked him... in fact, we often imitated his dance style and would burst out laughing. He's definitely not cute... so takdelah org yg go ga-ga over him. Nonetheless, lagu dia selalu berkumandang...

Agaknya we pasang quite loud kut. So one day, masa house meeting, our house captain kata "Orkid... you all selalu pasang radio kuat sangat. Siapa punya radio?" When she said that I was talking to someone else (tak ingat siapa) tapi tiba2 my friends started to poke me. So I had to stand up... in front of the whole house and receive a stern warning. The thing is, my CS is the assistant house captain... so when she saw me bangun, I could already see her face going *alamak*.

My mini-compo sangat berjasa. We had lots of fun times... hanging out keliling radio sambil study, dancing to choreographed moves (zaman tu Janet J was the coolest... and semua org pun nak pandai menari like her)... mcm2 steps and movements, mostly tiru music videos. We also liked to listed to Radio 4 I think masa tu... to listen to "RickDees and the weekly Top40s" and song dedications & call ins. We used the radio to practice for our dancing competitions, the drama competitions (some entertainment while preparing the costumes and props) and of course masa parties.

Gosh.. thanks DeeDs, for bringing back the memories :-)

No comments: