Wednesday, December 26, 2007

when you can't afford an interior designer, terpaksalah...

Today dari pagi sampai malam... all my activities revolved around the renovations. Pagi pergi Guocera showroom kat PJ, then balik rumah for appointments dengan Wak to explain about what I want to be done and with Mr Tingkap-Man who came to take measurements. Sementara tunggu Mr Tingkap-Man sampai, pergi tengok WC kat kedai nearby and get some quotations. A short break for facial... then off to IKEA to return some barang sebab I dah silap ukur tinggi ceiling and coz I had a change in mind about the sink.

Pukul 11PM baru sampai rumah. Mengalahkan Phua Chu Kang... sans yellow boots of course ;)

If I had the $$, I would have hired a professional contractor and ID consultant to pening2 fikir about design, hardware, measurements etc etc. Tapi I'm not a trust fund baby, so kena lah buat all these things... but I enjoy it actually :) As I said previously, I suka things involving architecture and designs. Maybe I'm channelling Brad Pitt, hehe...

Abg Man recently hired a professional ID to do up his home in Gombak. I can't believe the amount he paid for their services... boleh beli sebiji rumah! For the end result, I think it's waaaaaaay too expensive. But then again, my taste is different. But I still think that 1/3 of the price paid would be more reasonable...

It doesn't help that I'm so fickle minded... well, when you're spending so much $$, you want it to be the best possible result. Kesian the Home Delivery IKEA staff yang terpaksa bersusah payah mengangkat kotak yang I initially nak return tapi tak jadi in the end.

Balik lepas mandi, I was not done yet. Sat down to design the tiles arrangement and coordination pulak. Sebab since Wak is going to start work on Saturday, kena lah order tiles dah. And I've not ordered the WC yet... which needs to be done soon so that he can move the pipes accordingly. Nanti salah ukur naya je.

Banyak nya lagi kena buat...

No comments: