Wednesday, December 12, 2007

a little bit of this, a little bit of that...

Masuk kereta kat basement 9:30pm... Sampai depan gate rumah 9:37pm. I love living where I live 8-) In the morning (hari kerja) it takes double the amount of time... but that's still very good compared to other people.

But yesterday... my gosh, traffic was so bad! And of all days, I had to go to Darul Takaful to deliver a lecture. So I took the Jalan Kuching as opposed to my normal route via Kenny Hills. It was literally bumper to bumper from Segambut roundabout all the way until BNM roundabout. It took me about 45 minutes... all thanks to road closures due to some demonstration/illegal gathering. At times like this I count my blessings for living so near to the city. Biarlah tempat tak glamour... it's so darn convenient!

The lecture was to 200 people on the "roles & objectives of a central bank". Have never presented to such a big crowd. How did they receive it? According to NAMN, they rated me between 3-4/5. Nothing to shout about... Did they learn anything? Ntah lah... I sure hope they did take something out of the session.

In the evening I went down to the gym. Aim: To start exercising again after a looooooooong hiatus. Am so out of shape... face so red I could be mistaken for a lobster. The aerobics session was ok, was able to keep up... but when the instructor asked to repeat the choreography for the 3rd time in a row, I was already *flying* all over, hehe... Nonetheless, it was fun! After the class, I looked at myself in the mirror. *Rosy* all over, I could also see my already large pores enlarged. Ye lah... how else would the sweat escape kan? I also noticed what I would describe as permanent etches on my forehead. OH NO!!! Have I been frowning that much? Despite my desparate attempts to relax my facial muscles, the lines remained albeit less visible :-( Must remember to less *berkerut*...

Someone asked me the other day whether I had invested in property. I put down my signature on what would be a future financial commitment late last week. The paperwork in currently being drawn up. Come 2008, I'll officially have a mortgage. A sign of adulthood... that's what I've always associated a housing loan with. I'm now *chained* until retirement...

Today I was in meetings almost the whole day. In the morning it was interview session with scholarship applicants. That went on until lunch. Right after solat Zohor, I had to rush for a *late notice* meeting with some foreign dignitaries. Came back down to the department, terus a discussion with boss on a project. Suffice to say that when I finally went back to my desk, the in tray and mailbox were full. It was already 6:30pm... NN dropped by to ask whether I had gone through a report because the regional organisation was already asking about it. Mama sometimes asked about my day at work. When I tell her that I had several meetings in a day, she asks "So bila buat kerja?" "Lepas tu lah"... why do you think I go home late? I'm not complaining... I like my job and where I am right now. It comes with the territory. They are sacrifices that one has to make. 12 hours in the office is a norm... but at least I *switch off* when I'm at home.

I've not been out with the girls for a while now. Everyone is equally busy... Mymot is settling in a new job, Momz with her PR stuff, Skinner I've not heard from for a while which signals that she's very occupied. Right now I'm itching for some *time out*... some R&R with friends... to just hang out with the regulars...

Have not been out for lunch with the gang for a while now... infact, lunch has been a *grab & go* affair lately except Monday when moi & a few others went for ayam kampung cheras. Oh today was free dominos... courtesy of ARG's dept. We had a friendly inter-department dart competition during lunch. The match was deadlocked and had to be settled via best score from free throws - unfortunately our team lost despite being ahead at the finale.

Today received bridal shower notice from Mantze... *Dr CSI* Marni is coming home this weekend for her wedding. Another M&M in the making :-) Date not confirmed yet because the happy couple have a packed schedule as they are only back for two weeks untuk diijabkabul and kenduri kendara before heading back to Edinburgh. Am looking forward to the joyous event. Nasib baik it's a friend's wedding... had it been a relative's or family friend's wedding, I'd have to prepare for the barrage of *compulsory* questions...

Ooh... which reminds me. Have not check out the wedding registry. Need to do that this weekend. Plus service kereta, order tingkap, beli tiles, clear wardrobe... another busy weekend ahead... to match what is already a busy work week.

No comments: