Friday, December 28, 2007

"saya terima nikah..."


Today is the day that Marni mendapat gelaran Puan Sri Marni. No... she did not marry a Tan Sri ;) Nama dia Sri Marni... so betullah that she is now Puan Sri Marni, hehe...

I took the morning off to attend her akad nikah in Kelana Jaya. Ingatkan nak pergi awal, tapi dum dam dum dam, sampai her house ngam2 as the ceremony was about to start. Both Marni and Mazran (or M&M as written on their invitation card) looked splendid in white. Dua2 were calm and siap bergelak2 bila the kadi buat jokes. No tension or gabra... so typical Marni :) She wouldn't be a Dr CSI, as we like to call her, otherwise...

Since I sampai lambat, kenalah duduk tepi dapur. Mantze was already there... Skinner and Mymot couldn't *cabut* from work, Momz arrived as Mazran was about to lafaz kabul. And Zura arrived later. Dengan sekali lafaz... Marni and Mazran selamat diijab kabul. One detox chick down... as Ruby aptly put it.






The family served the guests ikan masak asam pedas, masak lemak daging, sayur campur dan mcm2 lagi yang sangat sedap. Or maybe I was hungry since tak sempat breakfast? Tak... memang sedap coz the expecting Ham, her mom, sis and hubby concurred.

I'd like to stay on but kena balik office. But since it was still a bit early, I decided to go to Bukit Bintang to collect my watch. YES!!! My darling Tag is sihat semula. Welcome back old friend :D Felt so good to be wearing her again...

Lepas collect jam, singgah Pavillion sekejap. Saje.. buang masa, hehe. Ended up buying a bracelet... to wear to the reception on Sunday night. I've always wanted to have something like that, so very excited when I got it :) Walaupun terbang beberapa $$$...

Balik office a bit lambat and terus attend an interview. And then staff meeting. After all that baru sempat check my phone. A few messages regarding plans for dinner tonight. Semalam I ajak a few friends to have dinner together... a final gathering before the year ends. The plan was to go to The Loaf.

Mula2 HA and MrB said ok, SM nak check with hubby , Faz nak join tapi can't confirm because of no maid to jaga Amir, while Haz tak dapat dihubungi. But in the end, MrB pulled out utk sebab2 yang tidak diketahui, SM's mom-in-law dah masak2 so as menantu yg baik kena lah balik dinner dengan family, Faz cannot get baby sitter and rupa2nya Haz kat Bandung. So it was just HA et moi. Some people tak suka kalau keluar berdua je, but not HA and I. Apa lah salahnya if two friends go out for dinner kan? Just because one is XX and the other XY doesn't mean that there's anything going on... biarlah orang nak bercerita ke apa. I'd rather live my life than let kerisauan apa orang kata dictate my activities.

And it turned out to be a good evening. We tukar venue... sbb Loaf was having a special menu for the festive season. I memang nak bawa HA try Loaf tapi since I pun tak pernah try the special menu, tak nak lah let him be a guinea pig pulak. We went to Carlos Mexican Canteen instead. His seafood enchiladas was good but my beef fajita wasn't that great. We had a good chat about lots of things sambil dihiburkan oleh street performers. So happening lah that area... must go there again. Dah dekat pukul 11 baru balik.

I'm going to miss having these chats with HA bila dia pergi Australia nanti... which is going to be very soon. Lama pulak tu... kurang satu male confidant. I don't have many of such male friends. Girlfriends I have plenty but sometimes a male perspective is needed.

The other 2 men that I usually confide in are married... so cannot lah keluar dinner dengan they all pulak kan? I used to talk to another person about stuff but of late I feel like we're drifting apart. The bond is no longer what it used to be. Despite efforts, he seems to be pulling away. I'm saddened by that... Perhaps he has other priorities in life and I'm not amongst it in the whole scheme of things. What to do... relationships are a two-way road. It won't work without the willingness of the other.

We move on... walaupun berat untuk menerima.

2 comments:

X3 said...

Thanks for photos. Looking fwd to the wedding shots!

dz

Raz Zeera Gee said...

uji...first of all...happy for u too that dah dpt ur tag balik :) second of all, best baca ur citer pasal M&M's akad nikah...lastly...just a quick one on ur last para :( somehow i terasa plak...sebab lama kan kita tak catch up with each other...ekekek...but maybe that someone ur talking about tu...maybe dia tgh ada his own problem kot...give hime time...