Monday, December 24, 2007

MYRx,xxx out of pocket...

So takde mood at work today... so I left super early, almost a new record! The only time I leave this early is when a) I have an appointment or b)... erm, there's no b).

Just as I was about to leave, dengan cuaca mendung dan hujan di luar, I called Mama. "Ma... nak pergi IKEA tak tonight?" That's like asking whether orang lapar nak makan, hehe.

So went home, picked Mama up and we zoomed towards Mutiara Damansara via Penchala Link. Mama said that she's hungry. Wanted to go get some bubur but takde. So ended up having the nicest tow foo fah I've ever tasted. We liked it so much we bought four more... to tapau lah. Gila apa nak makan 4 tow foo fah at one sitting 8-o

The aim of going to IKEA tonight ada beberapa fold: beli isi perut wardrobe, shelves, sink... and Mama nak beli some kitchen cabinets. I dah tahu exactly apa and berapa yang perlu dibeli, but that didn't stop me from wondering around the home decor enthusiast haven. Although the displays aren't new... I still wanted to tengok2. Suka2 :)

But it was not all buang masa. Cari jugak other alternatives to the sink and my supposed to be *getting myself looking nice* counter. Ada other alternatives but none were cheaper than the original plan. Penat jugak lah pusing sana sini, kira itu ini... tapi last2 beli the original plan juga.

I'm a big fan of IKEA but sekadar tengok2 je lah. Tak selalu beli barang kat situ... usually just teman Mama cari barang or tengok2. And often, the first destination is the *As Is* corner. That's where she gets most of her stuff. But this time, I shopped BIG TIME. Bila time bayar, the total amount is about half my gross pay (to the person who's earning more or less sama mcm I... if you're reading this, you'll know how much that is). And itu baru kat IKEA! The amount spent is about 1/4 my total estimation for the renovation.

Kalau kirakan, boleh pergi 2-3 kali holiday di tempat jauh2... nak renovate ke nak holiday, nak renovate ke nak holiday... Nak dua-dua!! :-p

I've been spending many evenings scouring over websites like Guocera, MML, Whitehorse, Johnson Suisse... to get an idea of how the bathroom should look like. I already know the layout, now comes the mencantikkan part. So much to choose from! Tapi tengok gambar je tak serupa macam tengok the actual things... kena jugak lah pay a visit to the showroom.

I guess that's activity untuk esok ;)

No comments: