Friday, December 7, 2007

some words of wisdom...


Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love
Albert Einstein

Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence
Helen Keller


If you don't like something, change it.If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain
Maya Angelou

A friend is someone who you can tell your complaints; a good friend is someone you can tell your dreams
Dale Dauten

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted
Aesop


Never forget the three powerful resources you always have available to you: love, prayer, and forgiveness
H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Happiness depends on ourselves
Aristotle



Haha... who would associate Einstein with matters of the heart right?

In this chaotic world that we live in today, sometimes we need to step back and re-evaluate our values, our actions... and the kind of imprint that we leave behind. Be it on other people, the world, the society... we are all here on this earth for a reason.

Sometimes we just need to be reminded... I find this slideshow inspirational.

http://www.thewalkthetalkmovie.com/?SRC=MRPWTTGB&ref=64

Nora commented when I showed her the photos that I took during my recent trip... "You banyak ambik gambar sky". I guess she was hoping to see more photos of Linda, Muqriz, Marissa, Seth, Sophie and Farisa ;)

Yes... I like to snap shots from the aeroplane. It's just so beautiful. All the chaos seem miles away (although one can't really run away from the amok in one's heart). Plus up there, the beauty is amplified many times.

The above are some shots that I took during the many flights that I had endured. No... endure is not the appropriate word. I never find flying troublesome, even if the purpose of the flight is (read: attending meetings that I don't like). I'm always amazed how these large heavy machines can take off and glide through the skies (that's the geeky part of me popping up, hehe). And despite the safety records etc, I never fail to say a prayer each time we take off... manalah tahu...

Saw NMS's photos of her skydiving on Facebook last night. Gorgeous!! That's something that I'd like to do one day... They say that the best way to overcome your fear is to just do it. I'm afraid of heights... my knees get weak whenever I have to cross a suspension bridge, naik tangga tinggi, be on rooftops... but at the same time, doing it gives me a rush of adrenalin. Go figure...