Sunday, December 9, 2007

a weekend should be more than 48 hours...

Pagi2 tadi the first job was to buang ice yang dah accumulated dalam freezer. Armed with a hammer and a putty spatula (I'm just creating the name here because I'm not really sure what it's called, heh), Ina and I *worked* on the ice. Tebal betul... In the end we had sheets and shavings of ice. Bila buang kat luar, nampak macam it had snowed here in KL.

Today (or rather semalam, since it's past midnight) I cooked. Which is a big deal, since I hardly cook. Actually, the whole thing started the night before when I marinade some lamb. Excited :) Trying something new and opportunity to officiate the utensils I had bought in the US baru ni. On the menu: pan seared lamb loins, steamed vegetables, potato wedges and garlic bread, topped with brown sauce.




Tengah syiok potong the vegetables, received a call from my cousin, Bita. Dia nak singgah rumah dengan her sister, K Yang. She's in town attending a kursus perguruan. Bita was the cousin that I was closest to masa kecik2 dulu. Although dari segi tahun, we just have a year gap, but as pointed out by Bita tadi... real age wise, it's almost two years (I was impressed that she remembered my birthday, her own is just a week away).

She lived opposite rumah arwah opah and everytime I balik kampung, we will end up playing, sleeping, makan together... to the extent that my opah pernah merajuk sebab I spent more time with Bita than with her. But as we grew older, we became less close. I guess we just grew up in different environments. Tapi tadi when we talked, things got into the groove again. All is not lost...

Tomorrow pagi2 kena pergi Family Day. I've never been to any of the family days since start kerja. But this year, I've decided to tunjuk muka... feel obligated to go. Hopefully it will be interesting. Lepas tu kena pergi order cake for ARG's upcoming birthday and work on the presentation slides untuk lecture for 240 ppl this Tues.

There goes my weekend...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

gosh Uji, that looks soooo yummylicious!!!Tak masak, tak masak..sekali masak, feast fit for a king...looks sooo scrumptious