Sunday, December 9, 2007

splishing and splashing...

I was up early (relatively... given that it's the weekend) today. Everyone else was still asleep. Awal2 pun, there's no way in hell that was I going to make it to Sunway Lagoon by 8:15am.

Reached there just in time for the senamrobik. I've heard from those who attended previous events that DBB#3 would enthusiastically perform on stage... I was not disappointed 8-) He was joined by our ADD and my boss, but DBB#3 took the prize for being the least kaki kayu, hehe...

Spotted QIA on the beach and joined him for the sesi memanaskan badan. Soon we were surrounded by other familiar faces. That was fun! I have not laughed that much for a long time. Shaza poked me in the midst of a heel forward step, next to her was Stomeng... small world.

After the senamrobik, I went over to the *special tent* area to say hi... sekejap je lah obligatory duty lepas tu cabut pergi jumpa acquaintances yang dah lama tak jumpa. Riz was there... she told me that her eldest will be heading for TKC next year. And discovered that boss's wife kenal my cousin in USJ... they attend the same Arabic class.






The activities started with kids' telematch. I think the adults were more excited and riuh as compared to the kids ;-p



I had just asked K Ayu whether there would be any activities for the adults when the MC announced "selepas ini acara telematch untuk dewasa pula". QIA, Odah and I looked at each other with glee... tapi tak sempat nak join the first event because dah penuh. *Gorilla walk* was the second event and we managed to get Doc, KM, MZ to join in as well... with MZ as our captain. Aiyoo... that was hilarious but equally disastrous. We came in last. Eager to leave with at least one prize (only the top 3 je yg dapat hadiah), we joined the next session... called *Rescue 911*, and were joined by the youngsters J-Lo, Michelle et al and veterans like K Mid & OSE. This time it required us to get into the pool. I had not planned to get wet... did not bring any spare clothing with me. But what the heck... this ought to be fun, and fun it was :-D. Belum apa2 lagi, masa baru testing, I dah basah kuyup. But it was all worth it because we got 3rd prize... hadiah berupa tupperware.








I skipped the next events which all involved main dalam air so that I'll have ample time to *dry up*. The following game was the most entertaining... it involved a race of people who have to make 10 turns around a pole before lari and *sep* the next team member. The entertaining part was seeing people terhoyong-hayang... they were obviously disoriented, macam mabuk todi. As fun as it was, it wasn't without incident. Michelle fell and sprained her ankle. AAA, the ever caring boss, also accompanied her for checkups and to obtain medical treatment. I went on to do my rounds of chatting... after lunch and having decided that I'm *dry* enough, I took my leave. Malas nak pergi the dry park, although K Lizza had invited to join her and her sisters for a session of *screaming at the top of my lungs* on the rides.







On the way back, dalam keadaan separa lembap, made a detour to BV... aim: to order that cake for ARG. They couldn't take the order there and asked to contact the HQ. Pulak dah... Singgah MPH to check out some interior design books to get ideas, and dropped by Marmalade to tapau my favourite Havana salad and carrot cake.

The rest of the day was spent ironing baju, napping... time out to just relax...

Update: Found out that Michelle actually tore her ligament... which will take at least 6 weeks to heal. Kesian dia...

No comments: