Sunday, April 20, 2008

surprising and unexpected...

I haven't been to the movies for a while... so long, I can't even remember what the last movie I saw is. Isn't that pathetic?

So last night when Ina ajak pergi tengok movie, I said yes in a heartbeat. We wanted to go see 27 Dresses (yes... I'm THAT ketinggalan zaman) but we're so outdated that the movie is no longer showing at the cinemas.

Still wanting to have a day of fun and frivolity, Amt and I searched online to check out what's on. Not wanting to watch anything that will make me have a headache (read: something serious, hehe...) Amt suggested "Over My Dead Body" or "Definitely Maybe". I somehow have doubts that I'll enjoy watching Eva Longoria so I made the executive decision to watch the other movie starring Ryan "2 guys a girl and a pizza place" Reynolds, Rachel "The Mummy" Weisz, Isla Fischer, Kevin Klein, Elizabeth Banks and the wonderful Abigal "Little Miss Sunshine" Breslin.

I had no idea what the movie was about and had no expectations. I like it when I go watch something without any preconception... just go and enjoy it. Enjoy it I definitely did!

It was a fresh, more realistic take of a romantic comedy, with a tinge of sadness. The jokes aren't over the top, the romance isn't overly mushy and the story line filled with drame about love and life... how things aren't always how we plan it to be and that the unexpected will happen when you least expect it. I don't want to give away too much... coz for once, this is one romance which kept me guessing right till the end (ok... not really til the end, but you'll know what I mean if you watch it).

I enjoyed it immensely and there were even moments when I was teary eyed. It wasn't your usual *feel good movie* and the reviews by the *experts* weren't that great... but I liked it very much. From the *birds and the bees talk* to the *you don't choose the person, the person chooses you*.

I got my much needed fix :)

Follow this link for the movie trailer... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfUwvTvzrg8

No comments: