Saturday, April 12, 2008

just another weekend?

There are some projects that I need to get done before I leave for my holidays (woohoo!!) in less than 3 weeks' time. 2 can be done today, 1 require more mulling and deep thoughts.

Had informed MM that I might (note: operative word is "might", hehe) drop by to see her in action during the inter DBB games today. They're playing volleyball. Talking abt inter DBB games, our dear DBB#3 had the *bright* idea to get all senior officers involved in the games, one way or another. Hence, all (well, almost all) of us yg biasanya tak main because we're all kaki bangku, end up being team manager. And guess which team am I manager for? Women's hockey.

Was this a boss's way of *paying back* to me for abandoning him? haha... I don't think so lar, but moi... hockey? They must have had something funny to eat/drink when they made the decision. Luckily my male counterpart is non-other than towkeh rumah urut qiu-qiu... Mr MZ himself. Nasib baik lah dulu dia memang main hockey kat koleq... so I'm saved! I mean, I don't even know the rules... berapa orang each side? How long is each half? What are the positions? Habis lar... But it's ok. Anything for a good cause :)

Talking about good cause, last Tuesday I was a step closer towards realising a dream of giving back to society. Organised an Outreach Experience Sharing Session dgn warga2 organisation yang berhati mulia dan ingin menyumbang ke arah benefit of all. At first, there was a bit of concern... that not many people would turn up, especially since only abt 20 ppl responded to the online "are you coming or not?" survey. In the end, almost 60 ppl (not including committee members of course) were there and we had a swell of a discussion. A lot of people were clearly excited about buat kerja2 amal... some were so excited and wanted to get involved immediately.

Suffice to say... I'm HAPPY 8-)

Now kena keep up the momentum and get things moving...

Since the announcement, each day becomes more and more precious to me. Today is 12 April. Which means only 13 more days with FSD. I wish it was longer... I wish I could bottle up the hours and the days... but that's not possible.

I know I'm going to miss them big time... some more, and they may not even know it! Even now, while I'm still there, I'm already missing them. Yesterday I made a request to CHP, our club president... "Can I be an honorary member?"

Some time back I did feel *lost*. I didn't feel like I was living up to my full potential... I knew my weak points, boss had given some words of advice and encouragement, I wanted to do better, be better... but let's face the facts. It isn't really something that I'm overly excited about. I've always been someone who needs to *feel it* within...

Then things did get better... better communication, more exchanges, people are starting to get into the groove... The light at the end of the tunnel was emerging...

Then one day, someone approached me about a *possibility*. I thought about it hard. Here I was... beginning to feel *excited* again, and yet there's also a part of me which is still in doubt. Should I or shouldn't I? It was tough...

I made the decision to go for it... and that's when the wheels started to turn...

After that, I didn't think or talk about it... partly because I was consumed with work, and I suppose there was a part of me that wanted to hold on to the present arrangements, that didn't want the change to take place. I was beginning to really like it... that I could do this.

Then fate intervened... it became a matter of where rather than whether. Given the circumstances, I'd rather have the ability to choose, than being told. And as I discussed the matter with boss... *staying is no longer an option*. I fully understand that... he can't take the chance, he has done what he had to do given my request... it wouldn't be fair to him.

What's ironic is that things really got a lot deal better AFTER I *moved the wheels*. The people, the work, the excitement... Hence the sadness...

Alas the wheels have turned... no turning back. It wouldn't be right to so many people.

One has to live with one's decision... no matter how hard it may be...


Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Others stay awhile, make footprints on our hearts and we are never, ever the same
--Anonymous


No comments: