Saturday, April 26, 2008

my new toy...


In planning for the trip to UK & Germany (I'm leaving on Thursday... woohoo!!), I've been looking at car rental companies that also rent out GPS. Quite mahal lah jugak to rent... about GBP8/Euro7 per day... which is a lot of money bila convert to MYR and for the duration that we need to use it. But given that I'll be driving and I don't trust Papa with the map, a GPS is a necessity.

Boss showed me his masa naik mini cooper and when I went to LowYat the other day, saw Garmin. I've seen Mile use it in the US... very handy, very useful.

So this weekend, Amt and I were on a mission... if I could find one which is dlm price range yang reasonable, I might as well get one, since I'd end up spending quite a lot of $$$ if I were to rent it kat UK and Germany tu nanti.

Nasib baik lah Amt had the ilham to tengok lowyat.com dulu before we keluar rumah. Found a shop selling for RM850 je... as compared to the official kedai price of RM1599. And it was cheaper than the price that boss bought it for too ;)

Terus went to Subang and promptyly got lost, haha... I'm not very good with Subang and if only we had a Garmin with us, we would have easily found Subang Square. What to do, before dapat Garmin, kena sesat dulu lah...

I also asked for the Europe map (obviously)... an additional RM150, as compared to RM800 at the official shop. So this is one very satisfied girl :)

Eager to give it a test drive, we terus guna... to take us back to KL, to pick up Ina, then to Damansara. Petang pun keluar lagi... and although I know the route with my eyes closed, I couldn't resist turning it on. Sangat best!

Now I'm more confident about our upcoming road trip. But just to be safe, I'm still downloading directions from viamichelin and aa.com. One can't be too reliant on technology ;)

Cuma now I wonder... should I still get that road map when I'm there?
We'll see...

No comments: