Wednesday, April 30, 2008

my last day in FSD...

06:30
Woke up and it dawned upon me... This is it. The day has come.

07:40
Masuk kereta and drive towards work. Decided that I shall blog the day as it progresses...

08:03
The lift opened and I entered 10A. A few people are already in... the usual early birds.

08:30
The day started early... meeting on FSEC. As the meeting progressed I realised something... my current boss chaired the meeting, someone who *could have been my boss* was also there, and my future boss was right next to me. Haha... talk about fate bringing us all together on what was a monumental day for me. And quite likely only the three of them know about my *story*.

09:45
Gossip and pot pet sekejap dgn JC and MM abt a certain person dekat depan lift

09:50
Ila informed that SHH and JMS wanted to have an urgent meeting about KPI. Haha... am glad that they still wanted to get my input despite the fact that today is my last day.

10:20
Boss came in to discuss on outstanding work. My last meeting discussing about what we do as a dept. We discussed things macam biasa... like things are status quo. I guess I don't get away that easily ;)

11:25
SHH and boss has another meeting while JMS and I continued to discuss about training and development for our people

12:15
Finally back at my place... so much for chronologically recording the events for the day. My credit card bill and payment cheque was there on the table as I left it early this morning.
Put in envelope, tampal stamp. Cleared a memo and read beberapa email.

12:45
Left for lunch with boss... naik kereta Proton Saga baru. Destination: Delicious @ BV2.

13:10
Boss got a call from DBB#3. He wanted to join us, sekali dgn NSY.
Delicious was jam packed, so we went to Marmalade instead.

14:10
Made our way back to the office. *Lost* his car sekejap... we went to the wrong floor, duh! Had a good chat with boss on the drive back. I'm going to miss having these chats...

15:00
Discussed with TWL on a few matters regarding a project. It feels so surreal... to talk about these things and giving my final advice to her.

15:50
Talked to RA and discovered that there is a place for me in 10B afterall. But she'll need to pindahkan barang dulu. I guess I can no longer give an excuse to not pindah...
Dropped by to talk to some of the new people that I'll be working with.

16:10
Rushed to solat zohor.

16:20
Discussion with AZA and FMA on a memo that they're working on.

17:00
Solat Asar and finally I have some time to myself to clear all the stuff that I need to do. A feeling of sadness began to sweep in...

17:10
Discussed with NN on what needs to be followed through... my final instructions for the RICN section

17:30
Discussed with KM on what the FM section needs to do.

17:50
NDH invited to have a small tea party that several of them had arranged impromptu... how nice of them!

18:05
Talked to Ila... my eyes began to water...

18:35
I finished reading a report and passed it over to NN for her to collate feedback. My final piece of work :(

18:45
People from THE *island* came by to say bye... oh no! This is getting really sad... I did my best to maintain composure. I shall not cry... I shall not cry...
Told FMA not to be shocked come Monday when he sees someone else in the room. Took a group photo

19:05
I started writing my notes...

19:30
SHH came by on her way home to bid farewell and to enjoy myself during the holiday. We were the last two from the group from JPB days. And now it's down to one...

20:00
Called boss to thank him and say bye... ter miss seeing him in person, wish I could have thanked him in person. "I'll still see you", he said... yup, that's true

21:55
Finished the last note. Placed them on the desk of each addressee

22:00
I finally succumbed and cried as I closed my door for the final time.
Tears just flowed. After 10 years 3 months and 18 days, I'm bidding 10A farewell...


I've never realised how hard this was going to be. I wouldn't have thought that I'll feel such grief... but that's exactly how I feel right now. It's not just about moving to another department. It's leaving a family behind... a wonderful family.

Tears are rolling down... I'm an emotional wreck.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Uji, sooo sad la reading your blog...it is just not going to be the same without you around. When I first came to work, you were one of the first few that quickly became a good friend, extremely helpful colleague then a good boss. You were always there for me....good luck in your new place!!! They are lucky to have you.

AdanyaKauUntukku said...

macam sedih je Kak Uji quoted " my last day in FSD"...till now mesti mata berair bila ingat balik apa yang Kak Uji cakap...will remember that....don't forget me ya

Azlynn65 said...

Sigh...feeling even more sad now that I've read your blog. Was very sad to see you go. Didn't imagine you were this sad as well. You are a great great loss to FSD...