Thursday, August 28, 2008

a weekend getaway...

I was in London over the weekend. Took an evening flight on Friday... wanted to maximise on time to jalan2 in London, hehe...

Took half day... konon nya nak pack barang awal and then pergi rumah K Dud for majlis tahlil. Tapi last2, lambat jugak. This time I was very inefficient when it came to packing. No planning, no system, semua main campak je dalam bag. Siap packing around 6:15pm. Looks like kena tunggu lepas maghrib baru lah bertolak ke rumah K Dud.

Since dah lambat, decided to check in je kat KL Sentral and then pergi Kg Sg Merab. Selesai semua, Amt and I made our way ke rumah K Dud yg baru di renovate. Majlis baru nak mula when we arrived... tapi I headed straight for the kitchen in search of food... haha

Around 10:30pm we left K Dud's house. Flight at midnight, but boarding starts at 11:15pm. I sampai sana ngam2... ingat nak beli a few barang kat duty-free but decided against it so that I can visit the loo. Nanti balik lah baru beli.

The flight was full... penuh dgn mat salleh. Sat next to this chinese (I think) lady but we didn't even speak. I watched Things Happen in Vegas sambil makan (again!) and then tido zzzzz But not a deep sleep... asyik terjaga2.

I had requested for a window seat on the right side of the plane so that I'll get a glimpse of London from above. Wanted to snap photos tapi unfortunately it was cloudy... darn! Maybe next time...

Bila dah keluar plane baru nampak NMS... immigration kejap je but tunggu bag yg lama. To cut on cost, we took the tube instead of Heathrow express into the city.

Although I was just here a few months back... am excited about being back in London!

No comments: