Tuesday, August 19, 2008

charity...

I've been involved in the organisation's volunteer association for a while now. I'm officially the "people mobiliser" which means that I'm in charge of getting initiatives organised, projects jalan etc...

Although the days are quite busy, I always try to find time to do a little bit of kerja2 yang sewaktu dengannya... either touching base with my cause leaders, arranging for volunteer announcement... macam2.

Latest, is organising a Ramadan Donation drive. Got a lot of response for that, but what I really need is a co-project manager. Also started a campaign to help the blind... by getting people to donate their voice to read books, spend time typing books to be converted to braille, and planning for blind masseuse at our new clubhouse.

Today there was a stream of emails from another group who is arranging for a bantuan for anak yatim/staying in homes... so many people are eager to participate. Warms my heart to know that there are many kind hearted souls out there...

Last weekend another team took some kids from a home in Cheras to Petrosains. They got very good response for donation and the home carer gave a glowing comment on the success of the trip. This weekend, another team is doing an elephant awareness trip to Kuala Gandah. Would love to ikut but I'll be somewhere in the skies masa tu.

Tapi one thing I perasan... most of the people who come forward to extend assistance are ladies. Kenapa eh?

No comments: