Sunday, August 17, 2008

new discovery...

Actuallynya Abg dah lama bagitau pasal this place... cuma I've never had the chance to try it out... until yesterday.

On the way back from Low Yat, Amt and I made a detour to Jalan Raja Abdullah to the much talked about Yellow Cab Pizza Co. True to its name, the Italian pie outlet is decked in all things yellow... from yellow chairs, to yellow vespas that will make its way through the streets of KL to make deliveries to hungry customers.

It's quite a simple shop... occupying what used to be a townhouse. But as soon as you step into the shop... the smell, yummmmmmm!




We ordered the 4 cheese and Manhattan Meatlover 14" pizzas to go... sebab it was already Maghrib and Amt wanted to catch the inaugural EPL match for the season.

Memang the bau sangat harum... both of us were repeatedly telling each other that if the taste is as good as the aroma, we'll definitely be devoted customers.

So was it good?

It was better than the usual fare that you find in Malaysia. It's still not as good as the authentic Italian pizzas that I've tasted while in Rome and Milan, and still not as nice as the pizzas I had in San Francisco. But it was good nonetheless. A bit mahal than Dominos and Pizza Hut. I think lebey kurang sama harga dengan California Pizza Kitchen. I haven't been to the latter for a while, but if memory serves me right... it's definitely better than that.

I'm already thinking about the Tribeca Mushroom and New York's Finest... next time :)

No comments: