Saturday, June 7, 2008

those bedroom eyes...

This photo just gets me all gooey ;)



But the man is not just alluring, I think the thing that attracts me most is his conscious decision to choose songs with strong messages and by partaking in acts of kindness.

Maybe it's all an act? That's what some cynics would say but I have not found evidence to suggest such. And believe me, I've spent countless hours surfing on him and other Idol related news. Nothing has thus far pointed towards anything unsavoury.

In the course of my "research", I've re-lived the entire Idol7 season and have come to an observation. David Cook is not the greatest singer this year... that title belongs to Carly Smithson, Michael Johns and David Archuleta. He is also not the most exciting performer every week... there were others who were more outstanding. And the thing that bugs me most was that towards the end of the season, he appeared to be more nonchalant as compared to the earlier weeks when he seemed to put in more effort and had more smiles. Towards the end, there were more brooding looks. Maybe it was because his good friends were all eliminated and because he's tired. Very possible.

But what made him standout was that he remained as himself, delivered strong performances, internalise the words that he sung, and recognises that there are more important things in life.

There are so many artistes in the world today, whose purpose of performing is not to share their love for the arts but more to get rich, get famous. Sure, their music is catchy and pleasing to the ears... but they're temporary distractions. They don't make you go out there and do something.

Oh well... the world isn't perfect. But there's no harm in hoping for one.

No comments: