Friday, June 13, 2008

dream job!

One of Fernando Alonso's most ardent supporters has won a dream job - to travel to all the Grand Prix and test sessions with the Renault driver and report his experiences on a blog.

More than 35,000 potential candidates applied for the novel role - an initiative of the Spanish arm of the team's title sponsor ING - via the internet.

This week it emerged that Barcelona-born Alvaro Adema, a 23-year-old journalism student, was selected as the 'professional fan' by former Spanish F1 driver Luis Perez Sala and Alonso's manager Luis Garcia, and finally approved by 26-year-old Alonso himself.Adema's travel expenses will all be paid for, and he will receive a cool 3000 euro per month salary.

"I will explain what happens from the inside; my own experiences as I live the Grand Prix," he said.

He said his goal is to remain in the Formula One paddock full time."I've always dreamed of being a formula one journalist, so if I can I would like to stay inside this world when everything ends," Adema added.

Source: GMM© CAPSIS International

erm... looking for a tukang angkat bag?? ;)

No comments: