Saturday, January 5, 2008

redang, ambuish, sakar...

Those are the colours of the tiles that I've (finally) chosen for the bathroom. Wanted to have something modern and simple, something that's natural. So I opted for MML. Niro tiles are nicer but also much more expensive. Will cost me over RM600 more if beli Niro tiles, which is considered to be high end. Tak apa lah... something that looks like that pun jadi lah... And I'm going to have those rectangular tiles. Something different and more modern :)

Also bought my basin, WC, taps, water trap too. The sanitaryware I chose white. Should contrast nicely against Redang and Ambuish. For the taps, I chose a squarish design to match my square, semi recessed, slightly jutting out basin. I've always wanted to have a square sink... dream come true :)

I agonised over the countertop and cabinet. Asal2nya plan to use IKEA's kitchen cabinet, but then takut tak tahan selalu kena basah. Then Papa suggested to suruh buat je platform batu. On top can put those large tiles. Not a bad idea...

Changed my mind several times about the wardrobe too. Mr Alex the Wardrobe man must be pening with my numerous sms yg sekejap kata A and sekejap kata B. Ye lah... when you're spending this much money, mestilah nak yang terbaik... kena rasa fully satisfied.

So that's what I've been doing in the evenings on weekdays and most of the day on weekends... sitting on a plastic stool in the room yang now dah lapang... meng-imagine how the room would look like under different settings. Either that or designing layout, checking out design sites on the internet... Constantly with a tape measure... I'm obsessed!! Sangat tak boleh jadi interior designer because I'm so indecisive. Tapi now all the major items dah confirm. No more turning back, except with the wardrobe and shower screen. I still belum fully decide on those items. Selagi boleh, tukar2 je lah the plan, hehe...

I've started looking at paint colours. Want to have the colour mcm the houses in Architecture Digest... something in a natural tone.

Got ideas from AAA's house on how to tackle the lighting issues. To use a curtain pelmet (is that how you spell it?) on the walls as a casing for the tube lights, instead of having normal lampu from the ceiling or downlights.

Went to the kedai besi to get a quotation for grill. Tak best lah ada grill, block the view. Tapi apakan daya... Malaysia ni ramai orang jahat.

Still plenty more to decide, order and buy. Tapi I'm already almost reaching my budget... sans the lampu, kipas, exhaust fan, etc. Memang bust lah like this. But like Mama & Papa kata, dah alang alang buat tu, buat elok2. If only the jumlah wang involved has one less zero at the back...

No comments: