Thursday, January 31, 2008

double three...

I was busy assembling IKEA wardrobe with Papa in preparation for the slider door guys the next day when Ina came in serenading the obligatory song. Abang was next... a wickedly funny and fitting card in hand. I forgot... and it was past midnight. I'm a year older, although kalau ikut surat beranak I'm only biologically trente-trois at 6:47pm.

A good start :) Complete with "your first meal for the day" in the form of a triple X burger (walaupun I baru double three je... ke itu ikut size baju? :-o ) Amt sms to wish and apologised that he couldn't be home this weekend because of exams.

I've always loved birthdays... and look forward to them. Many people dread turning a year older, but I'm ok with it. Usually I don't remember the number, just the date... haha, talk about self denial.

The wishes kept rolling in throughout the day... sms, cards, in person, phone calls, emails, sametime, facebook... waa, this year rasa macam very fofular lah ;-) Kebetulan kat office we have some makan2 this morning so sambil tu we tumpang celebrate birthday Tao and moi. We share the same birthdate albeit 10 years age gap, sama dgn Azrin's fiance... and Justin Timberlake, hehe.

Received wonderful gifts too... semua pun perfect timing. Macam tahu2 je my new bathroom dah siap... among them towel, toiletteries, relaxing spa kit... oooooh, I need that one desperately! Also received a nice pen... have been wanting to get one for a while now.




Came home... a bouquet of roses and lilies was on my bed... from the Chicks. The bouquet alone was enough to make me grin ear to ear... but Mama told me that it also came with a cake. Thanks darlings!!

Birthdays should also be known as makan day... dari pagi sampai malam, doing what Malaysian love best. Am soooooo full! Morning was department makan2, lunch was with ARG MM AAA SHH at Saffron, tea was Baskin Robbins ice-cream, dinner with the family... and on top of that 3 cakes! At the rate I'm going it's going to be double me very quickly :-o

I was supposed to be on half-day today... but memandangkan kerja yang amat banyak and I really want to finalise the draft for our organisation's annual publication untuk diberi ke boss, I decided to cancel. Yeay! I can enjoy the long weekend in peace now that I've cleared the draft.

In her sms, all the way from Exeter, DZ asked me to write about what being double three means... I don't feel any different cuma hari ni endorphin level elevated sikit ;) But her question did make me think...

To me it's not about turning 33... more about being at this *kotak umur*. Each day I find myself wondering... what's my purpose of being, what do I want in life, am I where I want to be, what should I do to be where I desire to be...

I personally feel that between 30-35 is when these things should be evaluated deeply and that I should make up my mind and hopefully be at peace with myself before I go through the final half of a decade. Don't want to end up having a mid-life crisis by the time I'm 40!

But being double-three also presents an opportunity to do double things this year. I'm already planning 2 holiday trips... play twice as hard... and work, erm... I think I've already doubled my efforts since last year hehe... be doubly nice to people, put in double effort towards fulfilling my dreams.

Those aren't really earth moving thoughts... coz as I said earlier, turning double-three ain't a big deal to me.

Today was wonderful... hope that the rest of the year would be as cheery too :-)

Do what's best for people, and in return, people will give you their best
Author Unknown

No comments: