Sunday, January 27, 2008

everything done by Monday...

Yesterday my fuse blew.

I've tolerated enough delays, poor workmanship, suruh lain buat lain... All those little things I've accepted but in the end, as they say, kecil lama-lama jadi bukit. The final straw was when I discovered that those dungu workers put on the tile salah... again! I had to scour 20 shops on Wednesday, just to get those 2 pieces... half begging the shop to sell me his sample pieces. So when they did it wrong again, I just cannot tahan anymore...

Actually, I discovered the error by accident. Wak was asking me about the sink/dresser platform when I noticed the mistake. We were discussing about how *tebal* the platform should be, how the sink would be placed etc etc when through the corner of my eyes I saw what they've done. Those who know me would know that I don't shout nor scream. But this time I couldn't help but to verbalise some of my anger.

Before I say things that I should not say, I went off... I needed to cool down. Words spoken in anger are never constructive. While sitting in my *temporary* room I cried my anger out... sambil tu teringat a conversation I had with boss a few weeks back. I guess this is how he must have felt (albeit on a totally different matter). Perasaan marah tu amat membuak2. As I said, although the issue is actually kecik je... pasal pasang tiles, but with all the accumulated masalah lain, I've just had enough.

When I'm relatively calmer I went down. Basuh kain etc dulu before I gave them the ultimatum. Get everything done by Monday. Wak had promised last Friday and he had failed to deliver. He now has 2 days to get everything done... and I mean EVERYTHING. I knew that while I was cooling down my anger, Mama and Papa were trying to help resolve the issue. I heard them, Mama especially, trying to figure out where and how to get that odd piece of tile. They spoke to Wak and his workers to re-emphasise on the need to get things done a.s.a.p. They must have sensed how distressed and fuming I was. I think even they were were scared ;)

I knew that I couldn't remain at home while I was still boiling. So went out to solve the grill problem (which fortunately was settled without much objection from the towkay) and then went to get lampu, kipas, water heater. Somehow choosing lampu and making purchases helped calm me down ;) While I was out, Mama managed to do the miracle of finding that one piece of tile needed.

When I got home all of the workers, Wak included, were in full swing doing their work. The platform was ready, the bathroom wall finally siap, the plumbing finally being done and the crevices and imperfections on the walls being filled. Dah kena marah baru jalan full swing. Tau takut... Usually by 4.30pm they all dah balik but yesterday, after 5pm baru they leave.

Today they're working juga. Selalunya tak datang on Sunday. Last night after they've left, I painted the undercoat and with the help of everyone else, clear the room of all the barang to make way so that the floor can be polished. Cleared all the debris, vacummed, mop lantai, scrape things off... pukul 10pm baru habis semua. So today, they've started to paint the walls, finish up on the toilet and tomorrow boleh polish and varnish lantai. Then the wardrobe and grill can be put up. And hopefully, all will siap by month end.

Tadi when I gave instructions about mengecat, the workers were obviously concerned that they'd do salah again. Tanda betul2 which wall will be painted in which colour. Kalau tak nanti kena bambu dengan I lagi ;)

I've been distressed with all these this past month. Soon it will be over and I'll get to start on the fun part of putting on the finishing touches to the room. Nak kena cari curtain, accessories, new carpet... Time to assemble those IKEA stuff, send items to be framed.

Finally... finally... I'll get to create my haven. A place to soothe my soul at the end of the day... no more marah2, hehe...

No comments: