Thursday, January 10, 2008

hijrah...

Today marks a new year mengikut calendar Islam. The year 1429H.

Similar to the new Gregorian year, I'm not making any resolutions/wishes... have not been making any for many years now. But with the mark of this *other* new year, I pause to reflect on the blessings that has been 1428H...

I've been blessed with good health (ada lah deman, batuk, selsema... but not a single doctor visit), murah rezeki (confirmed promotion and due to salary adjustments in the organisation... increments twice this year), opportunities to see the world, made new friends, spent more time with old friends... normal things, yet so meaningful.

Yet my mind has been worrying and troubled about an issue which overshadowed what is an otherwise wonderful year. Sometimes, we just need to step back and see things in perspective... how they fit into the bigger picture. A small black dot can seem large in a pristine white canvas.

I talked to boss about a matter late Wednesday evening. I can fully understand how he feels. He told me things which I had never thought that he would share with me. In some ways, we've gone through the same things... at different times, with different people and in some cases with the same people. I had never thought that he would feel that way, respond in that manner. I suppose it is a common trait shared by those who were born awal tahun kut... Since Muharram is in January this year, that also means that I'll be celebrating my birthday mengikut calendar Islam soon... just 4 days apart, but 1 year difference in terms of age.

Someone told me a few months back that reading this blog has inspired her to start her own blog. That's a compliment. Little does she know that my own inspiration to start writing was also fuelled by reading another person's digital capture of daily going-ons :) These past few days I've been wondering how this blog is taking shape. In the beginning it was more insightful, more thoughts... then it was about how I was feeling... and lately more on preoccupation with renovation works. But always some mention about food, hehe... I've not been writing as religiously as in the beginning... a sign of running out of steam? No lah... I think it's more because I spend more time scouring the internet for interior design ideas. That aside, I think I write best when the thought or emotion flows through. Sometimes (or rather, MOST times) that results in a blabber... verbal diarrhea. Apa2 pun, I've decided that I might not be writing on a daily basis, and may even perhaps write more than once in a day (yes... there has been times when I think about more than one thing in a day). It's about quality, not quantity (erm... ada quality ke? whatever lah...). Tengok lah how the mood strikes... I don't think I'll ever write like any of those people who puts up a well researched view on a particular thing. It's not what I want or desire.

Selamat Tahun Baru kepada semua muslimin dan muslimat. Semoga tahun ini membawa lebih keberkatan... insyaallah!

No comments: