Saturday, October 25, 2008

my idol...

Say what you want but I admire Angelina Jolie.

This woman manages to be a mother of six children, have a career and still find time to get involved in charity work. She has been at it for over 7 years.

And still manages to look gorgeous!

If it was me... I'd be half pengsan already. Don't even talk about how I'd look.
Sure, some might say that "If I have that kind of money, I can do it too".
Can you?

I don't think so. No doubt, when you have financial resources, you can do lots of things. And you can hire people to do things for you so that you have more time on your hands. But no amount of money can make you open your heart, be willing to spend your personal time, be in difficult and uncomfortable environment for important causes. I don't think I can. Not even if I have 1 billion dollars to my name.

And to be teaching your kids these kind of values... I salute her! To nurture the notion that all human beings are equal regardless of colour, race, religion.

Her name fits her well... Beautiful Angel.

We should have more people like Angelina Jolie in this world and this world would be a much better place.

An excerpt from her recent speech...
"Justice often seems like a luxury for the rich and wealthy nations... Peace is often placed ahead of justice, and sometimes instead of justice... No one should have to choose between peace and justice... There is no enduring peace without justice"

Well said!

No comments: