Friday, October 3, 2008

Eid Mubarak!

Selamat Hari Raya everyone!!

I know this wish is a tad late... I blame it on feeling unwell and I don't think it is in the spirit of Raya to be spending one's time in front of the computer ;)
[excuses... excuses... hehe]

I'm the least prepared for Raya this year. Didn't even had the chance to go get kad raya for my colleagues at work. Nasib baik ada card allocation from the organisation, so I managed to send some to my other friends. Ingatkan nak get some gifts for ppl like I usually do, but this time memang tak sempat. And Ramadan flew by so quickly. I didn't even manage to send any emails or sms to wish people Selamat Hari Raya. Very bad...

Raya so far has been *calm*... for lack of a better word. It wasn't as hectic as usual because this year we've got a day-maid who comes over to clean the house daily. So yours truly didn't have to do as much *house cleaning* this year. Hooray!!

This year... also a departure from normal practice, I didn't buy any kueh. OK... I did buy one bekas of kuih tart and 3 bungkus popia simpul. That was it. Tahun ni Abang sponsor kueh... his office gave all staff one hamper of kueh raya and he bought some as well. Plus his GF buatkan choc cornflakes cookies. All sedap :)

Patutnya this year tak jadi buat takbir from rumah ke rumah macam biasa tapi some people really wanted to have it so there was an impromptu arrangement which was decided lepas Asar, the day before 1 Syawal. Our house was #1, so that meant we had to get ready quickly right after iftar and solat Maghrib. But also good because I don't have to stay up too late to clean up. And the *rounding* tak lama sangat this year. Papa was back home by 12:30am. Since it was impromptu, we only served kueh raya, some ice-cream and some chicken balls for the kids. I also sempat decorate depan rumah with some tea lights to memeriahkan suasana raya. But dalam kesibukan bersiap2, I forgot to ambik gambar. Darn! Takpe... still have several more tea lights to recreate the atmosphere ;)

One Raya day, we went for solat Aidil Fitri kat surau Taman Sri Delima macam biasa. But Abg and Amt went to Masjid Wilayah. Lepas solat all of us were in the kitchen masak lodeh, kuah kacang, panaskan rendang yang Mama dah buat the day before... eaten with ketupat. Petang we went visiting in Damansara Heights and Section 16. Makan lagi... tapi semua pun best, hehe. Had laksa, mee udang, nasi dagang... semua pun try, tapi sikit2 ;) Mama, Papa and Abg went balik kampung Papa lepas tu while Ina, Amt and I headed home. Was not feeling very well...

I've been nursing a very bad cough for over a week. It's the kind of cough which is deep in your chest, dry and irritatingly scratchy. I sound like an old sick lady each time I cough and due to the strain, I'm also sporting a husky and deep tone *pondan-like* voice. Takpelah... janji I can still makan ketupat and rendang ;) It was quite bad in the beginning... couldn't even swallow water. Yesterday I had a short bout of mild eye infection... don't think it's serious enough like conjunctivities, but enough to produce copious amount of tahi mata. Today dah reda...

Went to Ipoh to visit Ayah Ngah and family today. Traffic was ok. Diorang satu family semua ada kat sana. While we were there, some other cousins also dropped by to visit. Arrived home just before Maghrib and was informed that Papa's youngest sister was coming over with her family.

So that's day before, Raya day and second Raya day... things are just going to get more *hectic* this weekend I suspect, so better get as much rest as possible while I can...

oh btw... I really like this Raya advert. Shows just how important it is to spend Raya with your family and loved ones... while they're still *around*.



found this too... like the ending ;)



this one hits so close to home...



but this one takes the cake... touching, funny, meaningful... all in one :)

No comments: