Tuesday, July 29, 2008

"ok kak?"

Today I took the afternoon off...

Went for a massage... more of urut betulkan urat to be exact. And to buang angin. My left knee has been troubling me since I came home from Germany. Too much walking and pretending to be extra macho... what trouble that got me. Everytime after sitting down for an extended period, my left leg will be *dead*. I literally had weak knees which results in limping, until blood circulation jalan balik. No cramps... no semut2... just *dead*.

So when NMS told me about her masseuse, I decided to give it a try. Cuma the trouble was... when? So on the rare occassion that I don't have any meetings in the afternoon, I took 1/2 day leave and made an appointment for 1.5 hours with Jun in Chakra.

I told NMS that I'm quite a wimp when it comes to massages. Firstly I'm ticklish and secondly I takut sakit when they tekan kuat2. But NMS assured me that Jun is not the *kuat* type and that it's *sedap*.

When I arrived there, I was greeted by name (nice... thanks NMS for making the appointment for me) and was quickly ushered to the room. I told Jun about my knee thing and left it at that...

The first minute of the session was ok then the *torture* began. Within a few minutes she started burping like mad. Previous experience taught me that that was her channelling angin out of my body. Gosh... a had a gale in me!! Jun straight away went to task with my left leg. She kneaded, tekan, tolak... luckily I was facing down otherwise she would have witnessed the grimaces yang pelbagai rupa.

But I just kept quiet... no pain no gain. Or in my case, no pain no getting baik. But when it got too much I just stiffen up... to which Jun would say "lembut kan..." I wanted desperately to retort with some clever remark but thought, this lady is helping me get better. So I let it be...

After what felt like an eternity (in real time about 20 minutes kut) she asked me, "OK kak?" To which I just replied "hmm..."

She then started on the other parts of my body... which fortunately wasn't as painful. Except at my bontot area. Dunno why kat situ pun when she urut was very painful. It is still quite tender in that area right now. My left kaki just behind the knee jangan cakap lah...

Tapi the thing is, although I'm in some form of discomfort right now... akibat kena big time knead in those area (I even think it's slightly bruised?), my *dead* leg problem dah go away. I wouldn't go to the extent of saying that there's a spring to every step, but I can now walk properly again :)

All the pain endured was worth it... I'm thinking of sending Mama to Jun as well... she has been complaining about sakit kaki for a week now.

Before the urut session, I went to the dentist. Dah lama tak check gigi... ada 2-3 tahun dah kut. While waiting, a nurse suddenly came to me asking if I drove. "Yes" I said, to which she responded by saying that that might be a problem. Huh? She then presented some pills and a cup of water... to calm my nerves she said. Since when pulak kalau nak buat scaling kena sampai bagi *relaxing* pills? I asked her why the pills to which she responded in some ching-lish that I couldn't fathom. I declined and told her that I won't be needing those pills.

When I went into the dentist room (aka torture chamber to some people, haha) I asked the dentist, why I was offered those pills? He said that it was because my records said that I'm nervous and told me not to worry, he'll be *gentle* masa buat the scaling.

Me... nervous jumpa dentist? No, I actually like sitting in those chairs and staring into the ceiling with my mouth wide open. I do... I like getting my teeth checked, cleaned... cuma tak buat selalu je ;)

Then a thought crossed my mind. "I think you have my sister's card... can I see it?"

True enough... it wasn't my records that he had in his hand, but rather Ina's. Haha... now I know that she's nervous with dental treatments. Told the dentist about the mix up and he halted while waiting for the nurse to cari my card. What laaa....

My gigi are in good condition... just in need of some cleaning, which wasn't very extensive considering dah lama tak jumpa dentist. The whole scaling process took about 10-15 minutes kut. No tooth needing filling, no cavity... good! I've never had any filling in my life. Alhamdulillah... teeth wise, they're quite sihat. Sepanjang hidup, bila pergi dentist it's either to cabut gigi (the last time being, I dunno... 20 years ago?) or having it cleaned. So I can't relate when people say certain sounds remind them of having their tooth being filled... that rasa ngilu.

So today was a day to get my body *back in order*... whatever that means ;)

Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery and today is a gift... that's why they call it the present!

No comments: