Monday, July 21, 2008

kopi-less...

A few weeks back I bought this book... "Eat Right For Your Type", which is basically saying that the diet for people of different blood types should be different because our bodies are *structured* in a different way.

I'm O+ ... the universal donor. My stomach is supposedly *primitive* in nature... which doesn't digest grains well, should eat more meat (being from the hunter-gatherer category), dairy stuff is bad, and so are coffee and tea.

Am ok with the meat part, but everything else... hmm...

Anyway, I haven't been eating the way I'm *supposed* to because on the very next day after purchasing the book and reading what I should and should not consume, Mama said that she read in the papers that such regimes are useless and not scientifically proven.

Tapi apa2 pun... I've been cutting down on the grain based food... more from the perspective of cutting down on carbs.

However, I was quite pening thinking how I'm going to cut off coffee from my diet. Not that I'm that big of a coffee drinker, but I do enjoy a nice cup of latte or those kopitiam white coffees. When I told Ina and Amt, they said "Habis lah Along... no more Starbucks". I haven't been abstaining, but I haven't been actively searching for coffee as usual...

And today kat office, I made my last cup of coffee. My Nescafe dah habis (and coincidently so did my milk). I'm not going to get replenishment... in fact, the timing is good to get the caffeine out of my system before Ramadan starts. I made the mistake of now cutting down on coffee leading up to the first day of Ramadan 2 years ago, and come day 1, it was so difficult to keep my eyes open in the morning (esp bila dah kena bangun sahur awal etc).

Maybe this will be the start of a better drinking habit. Out with the caffeine... in with the ginger and green tea to detox my body. And to take in more H2O...

But I'm not going to deprive myself of that occasional splurge for a nice cuppa once in a while ;)

No comments: