Tuesday, March 25, 2008

managing crises...

Yesterday was a day filled with heart stopping events...

It started well enough... I had decided to clock in a bit later in order to go settle my tanggungjawab kepada negara by lodging my tax return and pay my dues. Went to office, had a nice karipap with kopi o.

Then someone sent a message "Can I see you at 11:30?"

The news that I received put my head in spin... what the *#&$? How did that happen? I deliberated with the said person and dia bagi advice and told me that I should act on the matter before it is too late.

Went down, consulted my trusted confidant... dia pun terkejut. "Apa sudah jadi?" While I was interacting with him, I got another message from person 3. Dia tanya a related question and when I told of the situation, dia pun responded "Macam mana boleh jadi macam tu?"

Suffice to say that for the rest of the morning, my mind was *away*...

Sambil tengah2 pening tu, AM came to me and highlighted an error that she discovered in a publication. What? Why? How? Apa2 pun nasi sudah menjadi bubur... what could be done is just remedial action. Nasib baik lah dia proactive and quickly got things into gear. Kena tampal pun tampal lah. Later in the afternoon I sms-ed boss to tell him what had happened and what we're doing to address the issue. Had to check the background and circumstances in which it happened... not to finger point, but to find out when and where it went wrong.

Sementara menyelesaikan masalah tu, I tried to resolve the earlier problem. Couldn't get it done... had to wait until today.

This morning I did what I had to do and managed to face the problem before lunch.

Was it settled? I don't know... I hope so, but there's no certainty. But I pray that things will go my way...

No comments: