Tuesday, March 11, 2008

kisah blue sombrero...

There was a small celebration today. No... we were not celebrating the outcome of the recent general election.

It was to celebrate the birthday of an amazing man... who is genuine in his friendship, always with new and sometimes unconventional ideas, endless supply of enthusiasm, a joker and a good sport. Despite his senior position, he is very approachable and his friendly ways are well known. I've known him for over 10 years now and never has he made me feel less of a person, au contraire, more often he had inspired me to be better and to push the envelope... and make me believe that I can be more.

It's actually a belated celebration as he turned 55 last week. Given his extremely busy schedule, we could only get an *appointment* today. It was a gathering of close friends, over lunch at Las Carretas... 10 in all inclusive of the guest-of-honour... ages ranging from 33 to 55 (eh, eh... mcm plan pulak both double numbers, hehe). I'd like to say that I was the youngest in the party but O beat me by several months.

I really enjoy days like these... when you're out with friends, having a laugh over good food. It's a boost to the soul. And my god... did the jokes and laughter roll. We were easily the noisiest table hands down. I was lucky that I didn't spurt any OJs out of my nose (though I suspect someone may have suffered a bit of my *tempias*... opps! when you're laughing that hard, cannot control one...)

But the thing that made it more memorable and something that I won't easily forget was how the partay ended... Suddenly we hear someone playing the guitar. The sound came closer and closer... that's when the restaurant staff came out with a cake with a lone candle and a big blue sombrero. The birthday *boy* put the big hat on (had it been someone else, they wouldn't have agreed as easily), was asked to stand and dance!! Yup... and dance he did (not a surprise since he's already well known for his enthusiasm to gelek ;) at the family day, official dinner... i did say that he's sporting, didn't i?) Lepas tu baru boleh duduk and blow the candle. It was a hoot!! Everyone took photos (and videos)... but surprisingly no one joined him... and he didn't mind. A testament of someone who is full of confidence :)

To respect his privacy and to maintain his dignity (I said he danced, I didn't say he can dance, hehe), those incriminating photos shall remain off from this blog. Someone suggested to put it up and put those black strip over his eyes to keep his identity secured, tapi tak pe lah... nanti nampak macam those incriminating photos pulak ;)

Although he didn't have to, he sent us an sms later in the day...
Terlalu kenyang n "penat" menari during lunch 2day. Anyway, tks so vy3 much for the belated b'day bash. Just 2 reiterate how blessed I am to be surrounded by such excellent company with great diversity of kerenah, perangai etc etc.... Salam n may Allah bless you all


The feeling is mutual sir :) workplace becomes more rewarding when we have great friends around

Here's to happy, prosperous, healthy life!

No comments: