Tuesday, March 25, 2008

i drove the ultra sexy mini cooper today :)

There was a pact between three (middle aged... if they read this, mati I, haha) guys... that they would each get a mini cooper upon returning from a trip to the Pearl of the Orient. Two of them got their minis almost immediately while the last guy pondered... sampai lah kena pressure dgn the other two guys.

How did I know about the pact? Well, the said gentleman, who shall remain nameless, was in my room discussing a matter when his phone rang. He looked at his phone and said "Kejap eh, I need to take this".

Since it was my room takkan lah nak keluar kan and I continued clearing my mailbox while eavesdropping to his conversation. From the questions that were posed, I knew that it was regarding a car. So when his conversation ended I asked "You nak beli kereta ke?" And that's when he told me about the pact and that he was also checking out Golf GTI. "Kalau you, which would you choose?" he asked. "Mini cooper lah of course... mau tanya lagi".

Being a car enthusiast I asked further perihal kereta idamannya - manual ke, berapa cc, the handling etc. So our serious conversation regarding work quickly changed to a serious conversation regarding kereta, hehe.

He finally got his car a couple of weeks ago and since then I've been pestering him for a ride. Today I got my wish. As we were walking towards his car he handed his car keys to me "Nah... you bawa lah my car" with a smile.

"Huh? Are you sure? Takut lah... kereta orang" walaupun dalam hati meloncat2 happy.

"Ye lah... kalau ada scratches you bayar"

Dalam takut2 malu, the excitement was too much to let go. And I happily drove 3 people towards Plaza Damas today.

Ooooohhhh.... sungguh best bawa kereta mini cooper tu! It was so smooth, so powerful, so sleek, so sexy! I fell in love immediately.

"You beli lah... I know someone who has a car... 9,000 km je, 2 years old" he persuaded. Such an enticing proposition...

As I was driving I was like a kid in a candy store. But since I was driving I couldn't be as jakun to check out all the buttons and levers... nanti melayang kereta tu. Driving pun careful je... ye lah, takut ;)




Even now I'm still thinking about the car. The feel was sangat ummph! It's a driver's car... the way it hugs the road, the gear shift so smooth, you can feel the power underneath you, the steering... perfect!

Saya sudah jatuh cinta....

So, should I get one?

3 comments:

kuki said...

OMG! Yes Uji yes! *grins* You should you should! cuma you hv to bear with me whn i pester you for a ride.. (or two ;p hee)

giddygadabout said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
giddygadabout said...

OMG do you have to ask? Most def! Have always loved the Mini Cooper especially after The Italian Job. The Q is not whether you should but which one to get. 8-)