Wednesday, February 27, 2008

holiday 2008... continued

I just have to share this...

I'm never this lucky, lucky draw tak pernah menang... apakan lagi masuk contest. But last weekend masa pergi MAS Fair to get my tickets I got lucky... TWICE!!

First was free 2N accommodation at Novotel Bali or Jakarta... my choice. Courtesy of UOB credit card. The catch was that I must use it before 31 March 2008.

Second was in the Mastercard Cash-Grab contest. When one charges RMxx on Mastercard, one gets to enter a box which will have $$ floating around. The contestant must grab the notes floating in the air. I did that for 20 seconds and managed to grab RM197.

I was on a roll :)

I've been to both Bali and Jakarta before, but would choose Bali anytime over Jakarta. Tapinya for the period that I can travel, tickets yg murah dah takde. I ajak Ina... she was interested. I've contacted Pak Nyoman, my trusted driver in Bali, and he was free. The stars were aligned...

When I went to MAS fair I had 2 missions: Get Europe ticket and check out Yogjakarta deals. After hearing wonderful tales from HH about her trip to Surabaya and her planned trip to Yogja later this year, I was teruja. I've always wanted to go see Borobudur. Contacted K Maznah's daughter who run a tour business, dah dapat ground arrangement dah. I even managed to persuade Mama & Papa to come along. But when dah beli ticket pergi Europe and congak2 cost for that trip, I decided to cancel the Yogja plan. Maybe next year.

Then come Tuesday morning, as I was reading the newspaper... saw the AirAsia ad. "Fly to Solo from RM2.90". Solo is an airport nearby Yogja. Wuish... betul ke ni? Selalunya I never get those really cheap tickets... by the time *masuk* dah habis. Pernahlah dapat several times for Mama & Papa tapi jarang2. But when I checked, the flight was still available. Price very good (although after admin fee, fuel surcharge pelbagai it became RM193 return).

I was supposed to get tickets to Bali for Ina and me, tapi seeing that I can go to Yogja for more or less the same cost as if I were to go to Bali, I made the decision to change destination. Told Ina to find a friend instead and I checked with Mama & Papa. Both said ok. Went on to ask Skinner... she pun ok. So that was that... I'll be heading to see one of the world's wonder... Borobudur at the end of March.

Can't wait!!!

No comments: