Wednesday, February 13, 2008

akhirnya...

Slightly over a month... that's how long I had to endure.

Dengan habuknya, dengan barang bersepah2nya, tidur squatting in Amt's room, issues with the Indon workers... finally, the dust has settled, sapu-ed away, lantai mopped (actually it was more like me on all fours scrubbing using a sponge... 3x over!!)

My *tantrum* over that particular weekend really had Wak *kecut*... sampaikan bila I minta drill lubang pun dia tak berani nak buat in my absence "takut salah lagi", hehe...

The recent CNY break bila orang semua bersuka ria holiday, jalan2... moi, I spent it at home either cleaning up, pasang lampu, kipas, pelmet (yg amat lah berat!), repeatedly sapu vacumm mop lantai, kemas my barang2 yang sememangnya banyak (I still can't believe that I have that much barang... but alas, as FBI and MYMY said... they've seen me shop, so they're not surprised, haha...). Pagi2 dah bangun and I won't sleep until past midnight. Orang tengok TV, I tengok mop ;)

So was it all worth it?

Admitedly it's not exactly how I had hoped it would be... some minor things did not go according to plan, and decisions made which I wish I could tukar. But the end result is still good. I am pleased :)

To appreciate, I should do a *before* and *after*. Tapinya gambar *before* dah terlambat ambik. Only managed to snap some while work was ongoing.


BEFORE...






I couldn't have done it without Papa and Mama... Papa especially. He was my handyman extraordinaire. He was equally excited as I was bila part pasang2 benda ni. Mama made sure that Wak and his people did the necessary job while I was at work. Also have to thank Mama for the freebie bedroom set ;) It's not really my style, but since she had bought a new set (with a super king bed!!), this one jadi extra and for me to use.



AFTER...





I've long dreamt of having these large windows... tapinya terpaksa letak grill sbb Msia byk org jahat
And these slider wardrobes... note the plural ;) plus I also have a nook which is like a walk-in wardrobe. Separate wardrobes for casual wear, baju kurung, nice baju kurung, suits and baju pakai @ home. I know there are many ladies (and maybe guys??) out there yg iri hati, hehe...







I do have A LOT of bajus don't I? and handbags... (shoes pun lebih kurang sama, but that's in the storeroom downstairs)

With extra room, I can finally display my *collectibles* from all my travels...





One shelf full of albums and lamp from Istanbul to add colour...

And to complete, a cosy bathroom with rain shower and area to make myself look pretty ;)





So that's it... this is my new room. Tinggal curtain je yang belum dijahit... which shall be my weekend project.

I spent quite a bit of $$$... bak kata Papa "baik buat elok2 so that puas hati". Bulk of it went towards labour, new windows and slider wardrobe. Nasib baik lah inherit furniture free...

Next on the agenda... slumber partay!!! 8-D

5 comments:

X3 said...

Congrats uji on the completion of THE project. I would like to have tea in the room or mebe in the walk-in wardrobe!

The lady in the attic- 61 Portland St

Unknown said...

dahling!! a job verrryyyyyyy well done!!! Looks soooooooooooo cosy!!! Congrats darling!!! Enjoy your lovely room!!!

gg said...

Congratulations! Jeez, you could have your next TKC alumni meet in that room of yours. ;-) So happy for you, lady! Re. your handbags, shoes, clothes and other assorted goodies...you weren't kidding when you said you had STUFF. :o Enjoy... you deserve it!

Raz Zeera Gee said...

oooooouuuuji...love it...especially yang ala2 walk in closet tu...best best...i wish i can stay put in any country at all so that i can embark on my project plak :) ooo how i wish..i love them big window toooooo....and yess...u surely deserve it girl...nevermind the amount of dosh spent...yang penting happy...best best :)

AdanyaKauUntukku said...

Kak Uji,

cantiknya........mesti masok bilik tu sejok je mata memandang..kuyu je nak melelapkan mata