Thursday, January 26, 2012

gaji mati...

Printed out my salary increment letter yesterday and was unpleasantly surprised to discover that I have reached my gaji mati :(

Memandangkan gaji puan telah mencapai gaji maksimum kumpulan jawatan puan, bagi menghargai sumbangan puan, Bank akan membayar kenaikan gaji puan dalam bentuk bayaran ex-gratia dalam tahun 2012 seperti di atas.

So this means, no more increments moving forward. If I'm lucky, I'll get ex-gratia payment. But that's it. There goes any hopes of buying that piece of property. Have to wait until I settle my WUU loan before I can start entertaining any thoughts of purchasing another property.

Sure I can do so now, but that means lesser amount put aside for savings and less travel. Ermm... not quite ready to give up on that ;)

I didn't expect this to happen so soon... after all, I've only been a DD for about 5+ years. Why so cepat reach gaji mati??

As I see it, there are only two possibilities to continue getting a raise...
1) If there is a salary adjustment for my post
2) If I'm promoted

Unlikely for 1) to happen in the near future. And I definitely do not want to be promoted anytime soon. Too much responsibility. I'm already struggling as it is in this post.

Of course there is that 3rd option... If I move out and find a "greener pasture". But the thing is, that is not my goal in life... that's not the reason why I work.

Having said that, it is still tak best to be in a situation where I can no longer look forward to naik gaji :(

No comments: