Monday, April 6, 2009

need more weekends like this...

Woke up early on Saturday (well... early by my standards, hehe) to go pick up Lina, the urut lady. Mama needs a massage for her kaki troubles. So I decided to tumpang sekali and treat myself to a scrub and massage too. Having her over to the house is quite convenient... hmm, maybe I shld organise a girls' weekend of relaxation one of these days.

While waiting for my turn, I did 3 loads of laundry, cleaned up the kitchen and read. I've been indulging in some fun reading off late. Something very fluffy and related to an obsession.

3 hours... that's how long my massage and scrubbing was. It was NICE... to say the least.

Skinner and Mymot came by later in the evening. Went out for dinner at Hartamas Square. I was famished! Having eaten some bread and eggs in the morning je the whole day. So melantak dim sum and kuey teow beef ginger. I either must have been super hungry or the food was really good coz I cleaned everything up, haha.

On Sunday, I overslept. Was supposed to be in Bukit Raja by 9am but woke up at that hour instead, when Papa knocked on the door (yes dearies... my bed is like a drug that keeps saying "kejap lagi... tidur lagi", hehe). When I arrived, most ppl were already there. We had a mini reunion, TKC 92, at Sabine's. Met the regular faces and Joy whom I've not met in 17 year! Seri is back from Spain. Diane came with her kids (the last time I saw her was when she was pregnant with her first). Let me see if I've got everyone... Seri, Fazlin, Mommeh, Diane, Azmah, Mymot, Skinner, Sabine, Normy, Yanie, Mario, Zaini, Joy, Peah, Iday, Mynn, Aimy, Lin. Next time we have a reunion, I'm gonna get a photographer to snap photos of us with our antics! [p/s: thanks for the big hug Mario! :D]


Watched F1 in the evening... the most bizarre race I've watched I must say. The Malaysian torrential rain created havoc on the race, and made worse by the later than usual race start time. I'm happy that Brawn won again. It was a great race - while it lasted - with more overtaking than ever. I'm so liking having the "big boys" at the back and the rest of the minions in front. The effects of cars with and without KERS. I still can't believe that Ferrari was that stupid to send Kimi out on wet weather tyres when the circuit was bone dry. His remarks to the pit later when it did finally rain "my tyres are destroyed" was like stating the obvious... DUH! And listening to Massa's frantic, desperate call for clear visor... his panicky voice vs the team trying to calm him down. With the race red flagged at the 31st lap and not continued, the winners were decided on the penultimate lap before it was stopped and since they did less than 75% of the total race laps, the point scoring drivers will only get half of the alloted points. So we'll have the likes of Rosberg, Trulli, Webber with half points to their name. This season is setting up to be an interesting one...

2 comments:

whm6840 said...

u're most welcome.. honey!

and of massa... i dozed off in front of the tele with Nada after quite a tiring trip back from bukit raja.

tersedar je.... i heard the crew communicating ... "felipe baby, calm down......"

i thot... f1 pe ke nama ni?... oo hujan lebat rupanya.

kakijalan said...

I heard that too!! funny!

I laughed so loud, HAHAHAHAHA