Thursday, April 16, 2009

music for the soul...

One of the side benefits of watching House MD is that I'm treated to an excellent array of music. Some artists and tunes I'm familiar with, but mostly they are unknown to me.

The songs are beautiful and poignant. Fitting very well with the scene and emotions that the director tries to convey.

And from time to time, we are privileged with the musical talent of one Mr Hugh Laurie. I'm not going to heap praises on a man who has received so many from all four corners of the world. My words will not justify his talents. But one thing that I will share is my admiration for his involvement in Band from TV, which is a band whose members are stars from TV shows, who play for fun and donate their proceeds to their favourite charities. How cool is that?!?

There are many songs from the show that I really really like. John Mayer's Gravity, Ryan Adams' Desire, In the Deep by Bird York, Elvis Costello's rendition of Beautiful...

Treat yourself to some... you'll find the listing here, and just YouTube 'em
http://www.have-dog.com/house/

Have fun!!

1 comment:

ADEK FÀB said...

I laugh out aloud every time I watch House. He's just so wicked!

I like Smallville songs too (haven't watched it for some time though).