Saturday, March 28, 2009

new beginnings...

Those closest and dearest to me, know that there's one sport that I love... and that is Formula 1.

Today, the new season commences and there couldn't have been a better start. After years and years of the regulars at the front, we are treated by a whole new composition at the front of the grid post qualifying round (hope the same trend continues during the race). Any real F1 fans would admit that the thing that makes the sport exciting is its unpredictability (just go read my review post Brazilian race last year). Although I would very much love to have my driver (since it is so painful to support my team with that driver there) win, what I like most is to have a true racing on the circuit and having the deserving driver win.

What a fairy-tale it is... from a team which is condemned to extinction (thanks to the global financial crisis), the team previously known as Honda leaped to the front of the grid under the new name of Brawn GP Racing (named after Ross Brawn, the ex-Ferrari genius, who is now the team boss) after two years struggling at the back of the pack. Button and Barichello scored the first two *parking spots* for tomorrow followed by the much likeable and much talked to be future champion, Vettel who drives a Red Bull. The first of the *big boys* appearance is only in 7th spot in the form of Massa (Ferrari) and Kimi in 9th (also Ferrari). Their nemesis McLarens are in 14th and 15th position, with Heikki ahead of Hamilton (YEAY!!) But sadly my favourite, Alonso, is down in 12th... Renault is still unable to give him a good car. Such a pity, the driver who everyone rates as the best in the world is sitting so far back on the grid. But knowing him, he'll be racing like a fiery bull (given his Spanish nationality, hehe)... I'm sure we're bound to have some excitement tomorrow. Can't wait!!

Earlier today our family entered into a new phase with the formal engagement of Abang and his gf Zaimie. A simple affair but significant nonetheless. The wedding is slated for mid-July. I need to adjust myself to the idea of welcoming another member to the family... treating someone else as one of *us*. That requires some getting used to. I should start now... rehearsing for the role of SIL. With just 3 months to go... it's going to be a *crash course*. We should *train* her for Mama, hahaha.

4 comments:

X3 said...

gambar?

dz

ADEK FÀB said...

I like Hamilton. Hate Alonso.

X3 said...

uji thanks for the photos of the ceremony. just nak kata i dah tutup FB, at least for now

dz

kakijalan said...

ADEK... I'm your opposite. I think Alonso is the best of the pack today and the other guy is detested.
And there couldn't be any further validation to how I feel other than the stripping of 3rd place because they were found lying.