Sunday, March 1, 2009

WSH 1947

Many years ago I was gifted a car, now it is my turn.

Just before I left for Hong Kong, I told Papa that I would buy him a car, within a certain budget of course. He has been driving this old Proton Saga. Despite the cosmetic "improvements", it still drove like an old car. He deserved something better.

My dad is not someone who would ask for things... even if it is something that his heart desires. Unlike my mom, hehe. In some ways, I'm like that. Too proud to ask for something. Would rather find ways to get it on my own or just live with the dream.

Given the current economic conditions, it didn't take long. Just three days from checking out for availability, making payment and getting the car.

When I heard that he had went to JPJ to get a number, I immediately realised that it must have a been a wish that he had kept to himself for a long time. And when I heard about the plate number, my heart broke... he chose the year he was born for the car. And coupled with WSH... it was like a wish coming true.

I arrived home past 8pm on Tuesday. As I was about to open the door, I saw the car. I smiled. Went to the kitchen where Papa was seated. "Kereta dah dapat?"

He had a big smile on his face... a truly happy smile. And his next action was something that I had not expected. "Thank you Along" and gave me kisses on both my cheeks. I couldn't help but to mirror his smile, despite the bad tummy cramps thanks to my monthly.

When we went for a quick drive that night (Ina driving of course since I'm barely able to tahan my sakit), he was like a kid in a candy store. Glee was obvious from his voice. My only regret was that I couldn't reciprocate the feeling, so bad the pain was.

We always hear that when we were small, our parents took care of us... feed us, bathe us, buy us stuff. Now that we're adults, it is our turn to bestow the same gesture.

I'm so glad that I'm in a position that enables me to do these things for them. I guess it's my way of saying thanks for all the sacrifices that they've made for me all these years. I'm not good at expressing emotions... so I hope that this helps to tell them how much I love them.

1 comment:

Raz Zeera Gee said...

nape i nangis baca entry ni ya uji :~| i guess...emph...i'm no good at words...but i guess i'm just happy sebab you're such a good daughter to your dad and i doakan that Allah repay your kindness to him :) he so untung dpt a daughter like u :)