Thursday, November 20, 2008

taking a break...

I'm heading for HK tomorrow evening. A 5 day getaway with my sis and some friends. Time to declutter the mind... although one might ask, why head for HK? The crowd alone would make the mind more messy, hehe...

I don't know... I guess it's because that's some place near that I wanna go but have never been to. Siem Reap is another, but no one wants to go there... alas.

It has been a tough 2 weeks, emotionally and physically.

A death in the family... so sad. He's so young, abt to get married (next month actually), such a good son. Accident... pokok jatuh on his car while driving. And it happened in Sabah where he was posted. Accident occured around 2:45pm on Sunday. His family only heard about it around 4:30pm from his friends who heard the news from other friends. We got to know about it later that night. Emergency leave... drove back to Teluk Intan with Mama Papa and Amt. Flight sampai 2:30pm on Monday but the body was only finally released around 4:30pm. Sampai rumah around 6pm. It was so, so sad. I didn't expect to cry as much as I did. Watching my aunty, uncle and his siblings was heartbreaking. They were such a close knit family. He's only 25... the same age as my brother. My aunty suffered a mild stroke mid this year... that was the last time I saw him... when I went to visit my aunty. She was frail, and having to endure what must be the saddest thing that a mother can ever endure. My uncle, the tough guy that he was, cried. His fiancee sobbed uncontrollably.

Nyawa... it can be taken away just like that. Without notice. Without warning. Are we prepared? Am I prepared?

Work bertambun-tambun, emails bertimbun-timbun... and I'm SOOOOOOOOO behind! At last check 48 emails unread. I won't be able to clear them all off before I leave. That's the "gift" I get for being away from office for 3 days. Itupun today I've cleared about 2 dozen. My head is not where it should be. It's so berserabut.

I just need to go away... and rejuvenate.

2 comments:

ADEK FÀB said...

Try to go to Esprit outlet at 4-6 Hankow Road. Clothes selection may be limited seeing it's autumn. HK has a lot of other outlets too.

You should go to Siem Reap. Go alone if you can't find anyone to go with. It's pretty safe.

Unknown said...

sweetie..i truly do hope u have a good break...u sound miserable...take care okayy...love u