Friday, December 25, 2009

as another year draws to an end...

There are only 6 more days left in the year... where did the rest go? Hmm... each year time flies faster, as if there is a race. Maybe there is a race... towards the Day of Reckoning. It is said that time moves faster as Qiamat draws nearer.

It has been a while since I last wrote... I had every intention to, but fatigue overcomes me. These past few months have just been crazy, bar the past 35 days. Often I have stories swimming in my head as I drive home... wanting to share a story, an experience, an observation... but I failed. Blogging is a way to "capture time"... to have something to refer to in order to recollect. So in a way I'm disappointed with myself.

However, I do have lots of stories to share about what had happened in the past 2 months or so. As it marked a major milestone in my life. No... I did not get married. It was something even bigger. I went for THE journey of my life... Hajj.

I am not eloquent enough to properly describe how it feels... words fail me, and the best way I can describe it is that it was a beautiful, wonderful and amazing experience. I know... that's how many others would describe it, but I'm sure every person has his/her own unique experience. There's nothing like it... to feel so close to Him amidst millions of other worshippers. Subhanallah!

I'm so glad and fortunate to have a spiritual experience as bookends to my year... started with umrah in January and ended with Hajj in November/December. Couldn't have asked for a better year =) And even better, I celebrated Maal Hijrah while in Madinah, after Hajj. What better way to "renew" oneself in a blessed city. I might not have had my family with me, but I was with my other brothers and sisters.

I don't have a new year's resolution, but instead I have a "balik haji" resolution... several in fact. I just hope to be able to keep up with it. Syaitan's temptations and lure is admittedly stronger here, and I'm easily distracted. Ya Allah, save your servant and forgive her for her mistakes, O the Most Forgiving.

Insyaallah... I will write down my to-do list on my wall to remind myself. How can I attain Jannah if I remain the way I am. Terlalu sedikit amalan hambamu ini Ya Allah and terlalu banyak dosaku. I pray that I will be amongst the righteous and be led towards the right path. Ameen...

No comments: